We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

New York City
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

Hello. I am trying to book/find out about availability for this summer at Pilgrim Village in Chatham. However, I haven't heard anything back after submitting a form online and leaving a message by phone (which they don't seem to ever answer). If anyone knows a better way to get in touch with them, I would love to hear it. Also, if anyone has any comments on the place, it would be great too - this will hopefully be our first visit.

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

This is typical on Cape Cod. I don't know why. But you said A phone call right? So, I would call them at all times of the day. The only message I would leave would be that I wanted to make a reservation. That's all. Perhaps you gave them the full message and they don't have availability for your cottage type or dates. If that is the case you may never hear from them. I guess you should just be persistent. As to recommendations, I see a lot of folks on Trip Advisor who have stayed there and have commented. Did you see those posts? Good luck with your plans. I hope you reach them on the very next try.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

What about Pilgrim Village appeals? It's nice enough but there are other places with a similar atmosphere although not on a pond.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,910 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

So many places to stay. Personally I wouldn't bother trying to contact them if they can't be bothered to reply.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

That's just how it is on the Cape Senior. We got three quotes to paint (stain really) our house and hired the one that was diligent about returning calls. Fortunately the job was done well and in a timely manner too but we've had tradesmen who come every other day...or so and even have asked to be paid in full before the job was complete. As they say, I was born at night but not last night...lol. If the OP called and the message was picked up by someone unreliable it just might take someone else getting the call or the message and that is why I suggest calling at different times of the day. The OP has not responded so I guess this is resolved one way or the other now.

New York City
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

Thanks for the replies. As far as why Pilgrim Village - it seems very family friendly, has kitchens, is on the pond, and just seems like a nice, relaxing place. If you have other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. They did get back to me and were extremely friendly - I understand it's the off season, so it doesn't bother me things are slower...just have to get vacation days coordinated at my work.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

Sorry but any professionally run place should have communications their top priority. Same thing goes for trades people. Beware if you are not getting a response from an inquiry within a few days, especially if you have called and sent e-mail.

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

The folks who own/run Pilgim Village are nice people -- I've known them for decades -- I suspect they are busy getting ready for season as am I -- but as a competitor to them, I find their pricing a bit high for what you get in terms of size/decor (ok, so they have the pond but I'm closer to N. Sound!) and the units are closer together (about 25ft vs 50ft at my colony)...but I'm also almost full for season so I may not have anything that would match OP's needs.

Miami, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

Contact owner Judy via email.

Pilgrim.cape@comcast.net

Lovely folks...lovely place.

I visited last summer and booked for this summer 2014.

The responses have been prompt and caring.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 01:31
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

In post #5 the OP notes that they did indeed get back to him. Happy ending.

10. Re: Pilgrim Village - Chatham - Reservation help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Chatham