We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Linger Longer by the Sea"

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
"Linger Longer by the Sea"

Please can anyone give me information about the cottages? I have never been to Cape Cod and am planning on going next year. We want to rent a cottage and want to be right by the beach (my 5 year old has never been to the beach - never seen the ocean). So we do not want to go some place thar requires travel to the ocean. We would like to hear the waves at night. Please your opinions would be greatly appreciated. When I checked out the website they have very little availability for summer 2007 so I do not want to wait too long.

Worc County
Level Contributor
78 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

Depends where you want to stay (i.e. canal, upper, middle, lower & or the islands).

We just came back from a long time friend's cottage that is on the cape cod canal. She is very particular and some of her renters have been coming for 25+ years... It has 3 BR. The only thing between it and the ocean is 50' of sand and sand lawn! If one likes beachcombing, we found it most extraordinary and what a view from the front window. She is now taking applications for next season - 508 476 2872. Ask for Sue. The beach is private to the assoication section in Sandwich (sagamore beach) and just a short hike down to the breakers (where there is a public beach).

Wherever you choose it will be a bit pricey for what you are looking for as I founoticed that one across the st (no beach view but deeded rights and walking distance) was lsted for a mere $899,000.

Wherever you go enjoy .

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

motherose--

I can't tell you specifically if Linger Longer is a nice accommodation; however, I can tell you that the location would be great for a five year old and his parents. Linger Longer is on Cape Cod Bay where the water is somewhat warmer and the tide goes out at least a mile at low tide. Makes for fun tidal pools full of sea creatures to catch and also ensures that there is little surf for him to get caught in.

We love Brewster (we own a home there) and recommend it as a great family spot. Some good restaurants, the Brewster Store and its adjacent Brewster Scoops are a must, you will be near the bike path which will be completely renovated by next summer, and you are near Orleans for conveniences and a bowling alley (if it rains).

If Linger Longer doesn't work out, try weneedavacation.com to find a cottage to rent. Be sure to ask specifically if the beach is less than 3/10 of a mile away as many that are "walk to the beach" are further than you think!

rhode island
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

"linger Longer by the Sea " is a great place. I booked a short get a way last May as a celebratione for graduating nursing school, I wanted somthing quiet and right on the water, Linger Longer fit the bill perfectly. I stayed in apartment two , it was just me and my husband and the views are spectacular and you are right on the water just walk out the door, and the unit was very clean . We were lullled to sleep by the sound of the waves. I have yet to stay in one of the cottages , they are also walk out the door and you are on the beach. There were families with children there, it seemed ideal to me for vacationing with a child , it is a wonderful clean beach a perfect CapeCod experience. Hope this helps.

rhode island
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

"linger Longer by the Sea " is a great place. I booked a short get a way last May as a celebratione for graduating nursing school, I wanted somthing quiet and right on the water, Linger Longer fit the bill perfectly. I stayed in apartment two , it was just me and my husband and the views are spectacular and you are right on the water just walk out the door, and the unit was very clean . We were lullled to sleep by the sound of the waves. I have yet to stay in one of the cottages , they are also walk out the door and you are on the beach. There were families with children there, it seemed ideal to me for vacationing with a child , it is a wonderful clean beach a perfect CapeCod experience. Hope this helps.

Pearl River, N.Y.
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

If you want to hear the ocan and in some cases have a bit of a view, consider the Surfside Cottages in Wellfleet. They're a short walk through the sand to the National Seashore and not far from the bike paths.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

Aren't the Surfside cottages VERY rustic? 1950s furniture?? If they are the ones I checked out a few years ago the great location could not overcome the lack of 'style' shall we say for our tastes. Maybe I'm thinking of another place in that same area though. Have you stayed there recently?

Pittsburgh
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

We have stayed regularly at Linger Longer for almost 15 years and keep returning. The private beach is wonderful - when the tide goes out you can see much sealife caught in the small wading pools - minnows, fiddler, hermit, and horseshoe crabs, many shells (no sand dollars). You can walk far out and explore. We have stayed in may of the cottages. Of course the ones on the beach are great - you can see/smell/hear the ocean from your patio. We have also stayed in the two story cottage which has its own laundry. You may hear the ocean at night here as well. There is no air conditioning, but we always stay off season and enjoy cooler temperatures (and cheaper rates!) The furnitings are pieced together used furniture but still tasteful. Wood floors, but nothing fancy overall inside. 1/4 mile away from a nice ice cream/food dine outside restaurant called Cobbies (could walk there). Brewster General store is a great place for coffee or Chocolate Sparrow. Can't say enough about the area and Cape Cod in general. I have been going there every summer my entire life (38 yrs) and really have no desire to go anywhere else!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

Hmmm, we ate @ Cobie's this past August and were rather disappointed. Food was just OK, definitely on the greasy side. We wouldn't go back....

Now, Hot Chocolate Sparrow on the other hand, thumbs up!

Hubby and I shared a Frozen Mocha Sparrow. Trust me, we could've each very easily had our own but we're trying to lose weight ;-)

Love the truffles, nothing like ordering one of these, one of those.... so yummy! :-)

Naomi

9. Re: "Linger Longer by the Sea"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Chatham