We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

New England
Level Contributor
103 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

Hi. I plan to attend a class in Dennis on June 28 that begins at 8:00 AM. I'd like to stay overnight on June 27th but am having problems finding a place for only one night. I will be traveling alone and will not have any time to make use of amenities, restaurants, etc. Any suggestions for a clean, safe, and quiet room within 5 miles of Dennis? Thanks for your help.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

Hi there, I called the folks at www.threeseasonsresort.com in Dennisport and they said they would book you one night on June 27. They are on the beach so if you stay there I hope you have time for a stroll along Nantucket Sound. Come back another time and dine at the wonderful restaurant next door - The Ocean House.

New England
Level Contributor
103 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

You are a sweetheart! Thanks so much. I will call them today.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

You might check out www.Bassriverbeachhouse.com

I am going to stay there in July. It looks pretty nice and got good reviews.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

http://www.oldlandingmotel.com/index.html

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

Those sounds like great suggestions! I would definitely avoid Dennis Seashores cottages. We just came back from staying in their largest one, and it had myriad issues (dirty, dirty linens, lights not working, terrible water pressure, etc.). Management was supposed to be available 9-2 daily but for some reason they often weren't around even then, and getting them to address an issue was like pulling teeth. They even told us that they couldn't do anything because they don't manage the properties - they're individually owned (but the owner is inacessible). Very off-putting to arrive and have to wash their dishes, towels, sheets, etc. At least the people after us will have some clean items. Very unfortunate - such a great location. Seems like they're trying to give an example of how to run properties with as poor service and little effort as possible.

Mentioned in this post
Dennis Seashores
Dennis Seashores
38 Reviews
Dennis, MA
6. Re: Dennis, MA Hotel Recommendation, Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 02:20