We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

usa
9 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Planning a 50th birthday party to be held sometime end of summer. Any suggestions for restaurant or function room? I am anticipating approximately 30 people.

thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

How about a function TENT? You really give no parameters here as to what you are looking for so I'll just throw out The Ocean House. Food is great, you are right ON the beach and they are experts at providing perfect wedding receptions...under the tent on the beach in front of (or would that be in back of) their restaurant. Of course your attitude will have to be ...cost be dammned...but folks will forever be saying that it was the nicest birthday party they've ever experienced.

http://www.oceanhouserestaurant.com/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

If it's casual you want - we had a small gathering and took over the entire patio at Brennans -

Something a bit more than casual.....How about the new Seaview owned by the Ebb Tide they cater specifically to group functions or maybe the Ebb Tide might be able to help you out.

I am having dificulty thinking of another one though.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Let us know if you'd consider a place outside of Dennis....

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Also the Dennis Chamber will be an excellent resource for you. I'd suggest that you call them and try to speak to Spiro. Have a great 50th year!

usa
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

thanks for those suggestions. I would be willing to go outside of Dennis but would like to stay close by.

Also am starting to consider having it in my own yard. I have plenty of room. Do you have any suggestions for caterers, DJ's, etc?

thanks again

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

I see you are considering your yard - maybe you summer on the Cape.... Thne you are familiar with The West Dennis yacht Club.

If you are considering the catering route then you should check out the West Dennis Yacht club - they have facilities and you can hire your own caterer or use one they will provide you with.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Not your backyard, but close enough :) :

The Wayside Inn of Chatham has a great room for small gatherings, you'd have to use their kitchen/chef.

For super casual you might consider the South Chatham Village Hall.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Hi Mom, I'm confused. Is your back yard somewhere in Dennis?

usa
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

Yes we just bought a place there. We try and spend as much time as we can there during the summer.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for restaurant or function room for party

I love the Dennis Inn. Kathy and Brad do a great job and the setting is very nice. It is 1 mile to the sea for photo ops too. I had my Mom's 75th party there.