We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

In addition to great favorites like Embargo on Tuesdays (Hyannis), Ocean House (now offering a mini plates menu for grazers) and Oyster Co (Dennisport) I am looking forward to trying spots that recent posters have mentioned.

I just checked the menu for Summer Stock in Dennis (and the reviews too) and it is so varied (kids menu too) that it almost looks like one would never need to dine elsewhere there is such variety. We'd better go there first in case we need to visit more than once this trip. Anyone been there? Reservations available? Comments please.

Very nearby is Fin (www.fincapecod.com) which got good reviews from one poster and looks very good. I believe this is in the space where Gracie's Table was located also in Dennis.

As paella fans we are going to have to visit The Naked Oyster in Hyannis. And, when we are tired of seafood a first visit to Bramble Inn for their 'bar bites' menu reveals appealing flank steak sandwiches and pastas.

We might even have to have breakfast out a couple of times since the breakfast at Hanger B in Chatham has been so acclaimed and I'd like to check out Chillingsworth's Bistro in Brewster.

A recent poster mentioned the outstanding view at the Ocean Terrace at Ocean Edge in Brewster and we love the beach and ocean view dining options so this goes to the top of the list. Has anyone tried the two new Harwichport restaurants.

What other new or highly recommended restaurants can you add?

Thanks all....

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

The Cape Sea Grille in Harwichport is always excellent.

Have only eaten at The Port once. The food was fantastic but it was so noisy on a Saturday night that we didn't really enjoy it.

Don't know of any new Harwichport restaurants....do you know their names?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

If you are hitting all these places next week, I hope you are jogging to them. Bringing home some breakfast pies/cakes from Marion's with some home made mimosa's while sitting in the yard followed by a seafood pie later in the day with some martini's or a blueberry Wachusett Ale (with blueberries in the glass) is a great meal at a reasonable price!!!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Ok I am combining my personal reviews (seen on Yelp under Ann P and Chowhound under phelana) and my two foodie friends.

I liked Fin. It's noisey and two tops are close together. Food is good, service good. Summer Stock is really nice..I have been twice to sit at the bar for snacks and drinks. My teen works there and says the team work is amazing. Keep in mind they do not have bread service but you can order flatbread. Their crabcakes are great..super fun spot.. I love love LOVE Norabella in W. Dennis. I LOVE Sesuit Cafe. I LOVEEE Ocean House particularly the bar. Their food is sublime. My foodie friend who has worked fine dining on Nantucket says Sea Grille is wayyy too $$ and not worth the price. My other foodie friend LOVES Vinings Bistro. Borsari Gallery is a MUST do for lunch or afternoon tea..oh so special..

Have a blast..keep us posted...

Edited: 16 June 2011, 21:47
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

In H'port Ember is ok....fun pizza spot nice bar..I liked Delmar in C'Ham

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Yes Neslaw you are so right about the jogging...lol but actually we are not limited to one week. I expect that we will also buy some fresh fish and veggies for the grill too. You may laugh but we find it tedious to go out to dinner every night.

Chakita, agree entirely on Cape Sea Grill plus they allow their servers to cop a pretentious attitude with the diners too or they did in the past. They have been off my list for a while now. But how do you get into Norabella? Do they take reservations? I had not thought of your last two mentions and will think about those and Delmar too. You haven't mentioned the Harvest Wine Bar lately. Have they closed before we could get there to try it? Are we lucky to have so many wonderful choices?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Hey Charlie,

If you are in Hyannis, looking for a great lunch, try the bistro at Pain

d'Avignon. Delicious sandwiches and of course the bread is divine! We have not had dinner there but have heard that it is worth the hassle of getting to Hyannis.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Good idea Yellowbird. I think I left bread crumbs (lol) last time I was there to buy deserts. I could see that they have a nice little bistro. You are right, it is worth searching them out. Of course at Fort Hill B & B you bake all your goodies for your extravagant breakfasts from scratch right? So your recommendation here is high praise for another establishment.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Awwww, geeezzz Charlie...you're making me blush. But of course you are correct. We do breakfast the old fashioned way, homemade from fresh healthy ingredients. Still....a french croissant is something that we do NOT do in this kitchen and for those we visit PB Boulongerie in Wellfleet or Pain D'Avignon in Hyannis. YUM!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

I would check out kream n kone

10. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2011, 00:35