We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

In addition to great favorites like Embargo on Tuesdays (Hyannis), Ocean House (now offering a mini plates menu for grazers) and Oyster Co (Dennisport) I am looking forward to trying spots that recent posters have mentioned.

I just checked the menu for Summer Stock in Dennis (and the reviews too) and it is so varied (kids menu too) that it almost looks like one would never need to dine elsewhere there is such variety. We'd better go there first in case we need to visit more than once this trip. Anyone been there? Reservations available? Comments please.

Very nearby is Fin (www.fincapecod.com) which got good reviews from one poster and looks very good. I believe this is in the space where Gracie's Table was located also in Dennis.

As paella fans we are going to have to visit The Naked Oyster in Hyannis. And, when we are tired of seafood a first visit to Bramble Inn for their 'bar bites' menu reveals appealing flank steak sandwiches and pastas.

We might even have to have breakfast out a couple of times since the breakfast at Hanger B in Chatham has been so acclaimed and I'd like to check out Chillingsworth's Bistro in Brewster.

A recent poster mentioned the outstanding view at the Ocean Terrace at Ocean Edge in Brewster and we love the beach and ocean view dining options so this goes to the top of the list. Has anyone tried the two new Harwichport restaurants.

What other new or highly recommended restaurants can you add?

Thanks all....

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

Hit many of them actually: Oyster Co, Ocean House (twice), Summer Stock...no reservations so straight to the bar for small plates, Embargo (twice- on half priced tapas nights) very fresh fish on the grill for a restaurant style meal at home, Chapins on Lower Country Rd in Dennisport for a lobster dinner (now down from $16.99 to $12.99 this season), Sundae School, Liam's on Nauset Beach, Dunbar's Tea Shop in Sandwich, Turkish restaurant in Brookline with Boston pals. We are still munching on the blue fish pate from Swan River Restaurant which sold off the fish market so now they work/sell independently. Since the weather was pretty uncooperative we did not get to go to many outdoor venues like the (fairly) new one at Ocean Edge. We'll have to save that for next time along with another visit to Summer Stock in Dennis.

Hope you all have a yummy time on the Cape this summer. Enjoy

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

I TOO LOVE Pain D'avignon but won't go to Hyannis now til the fall. Too hard to get up Willow St.

Charlie, sorry didn't see this. My foodie friend does not recommend Cape Sea Grill..she lives in Nantucket and knows fine dining..she said too pricey for what it was...

Norabella is on 28 in W. Dennis x from Cuffys. Yes to reservations. Great spot but the wine list is so so.

Harvest Wine Bar is great. Was there in the spring for wine. Annie the bartender is sweet. My friends go there often for music.

I have yet to eaten at Delmar but LOVED the bar and their wine list, phew...

Try Vinings Bistro..I hear accolades and will go next week or in Sept.

Don't forget Borsari Tea Room on a mid week or Sunday when it's not a beach day..fabulous tea room. Get the Borsari blend.

Sesuit Cafe is my fav place in my 'hood.

Capt. Frosty's portions are small but it's close to home and they have soft serve. Kreme Kone has bigger portions.

Please give Guapos some business. THE MOST AMAZING Mexican food and oh such great owners. Their fish tacos are sublime. They are on the bike path in Brewster at Underpass and serve wine and beer.

Heading to Bonaire soon for my summer respite...see ya Cape Cod

Edited: 01 July 2011, 13:37
13. Re: Where to dine next week: pls add ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 11:18