We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"by the sea" Dennis port

vermont
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Topic
"by the sea" Dennis port

Looking at staying here as one of our options . Perhaps the Constatine Suite?

Has anyone stayed here? Nice Beach and rooms?

I hear its 20 min from Chatham.

Our other options is the Captains Inn inn Chatham ( no beach frown) or the Winstead Beach resort in Harwich.

Can anyone give us a comparison?

Jen

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,033 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "by the sea" Dennis port

If the Winstead Beach is not above your budget then stay there. It looks great from the website and no current poster to this board seems to have stayed there personally.

However folks have stayed at By the Sea and give it a thumbs up. To read their comments just go to the Dennisport forum by choosing the dropdown near the top of the page.

Both of these properties have the beachfront location that you want and are on the calm, warmer Nantucket Sound side.

Perhaps your decision will be made for you when you talk with them and check what's available.

Please note, great dining (for adults) at the Ocean House an easy walk away from By the Sea.

Good luck Jen.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "by the sea" Dennis port

I stayed at by the sea for 4 nights this past week and really loved it.

I didnt stay at the suites by I was in room 112 with ocean view.

There is a small private quaint beach right in front, beach chairs and umbrella ready for us. Also a delicious breakfast was served every morning.

This B&B was around 25 min drive from Chatham.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "by the sea" Dennis port

How far a drive is "By the Sea" from Dennis?

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
534 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "by the sea" Dennis port

By the Sea is in Dennisport - it is about 15 -20 minutes to the Dennis Playhouse are Art Museum .

This is a nice location - right on the beach

They have a website that can give you an idea of the rooms and the current rates.

Also there are other motels right near it if you are interested in that type as well

I have stayed at the Colony Beach Motel - over the past several years . They have efficiencies whic is nice if you like to have some meals in.

check out their website for rates

There are some timeshares that have recently renovated properties in the area

The Breakers , is one of them they have a website that opens you to the other properties - some are not ocean front but just across the street.

5. Re: "by the sea" Dennis port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port