We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

Deep River...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

My family, 2 adults and 3 children stopped in the shop on November 27, 2009, we purchased over $50 worth of candy, but when we inquired to use the rest room due to an emergency with one of my children, they refused. Rude lady at counter. We left with a child crying and a bad taste in my mouth. Won't go there again, nor will I ever recommend to my friends.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

So why did the Stage stop there? I guess just to stretch your legs.

I have sent this topic to Stage Stop Candy and maybe they can respond or just learn something.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

well, I tried to send the link to Stage Stop but the email bounced back at me. I didn't want to call in case they were in the bathroom.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

Very funny neslaw.

I have to agree with the poster. I have a slight boycott of Cape businesses that essentially post "give us your $$$ and be on your way". I say slight because YB is right that so many businesses post 'no bathrooms available'. In fact I would love to boycott Stage Stop. They post a big warning sign on their front door. But I can't. You see they have the best Salt Water Taffy on the Cape. It's the only one my relatives can eat since it won't stick to their dental work. Then don't even start about the lovely chocolates, fudge etc. They are close enough to home so that this is not an issue for me but I am think of the visitors like our poster here when I see that sign.

Also, YB some places really do not have good facilities. Cape Leisure in Harwich graciously allowed me to use their bathroom while we were shopping there and it was definately not for the public. Not dirty just a lot of business supplies and odd-ball items in there. I really feel that if you serve the public you must serve the public.

In (somewhat) related news....it seems that the Heberts are going green. Next time you go to Stage Stop you may see their new solar panels. It seems that they couldn't mount them on the roof of their old Sea Captain's structure so they will be on the ground saving them money. Maybe they will save enough to install a toilet too if neslaw is ever able to reach them. LOL.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

Dunkin Donuts was across the street...once I worked in a store and someone came in to use the bathroom. It was our policy NOT to let non employees to use the loo. I felt bad for this fellow. He was in there oh, 20 min. When I went to check he was leaving. The place was FILTHY a mess in a way I cannot even begin to describe on this forum.

Yesterday here in Bonaire the pod/cruise ship people were walking all over town many not spending a dime. In the restaurant we had lunch over 10 people came in JUST to use the Loo.

Ughh

15. Re: Stage Stop Candy, Ltd Dennisport, MA - Not nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port