We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good places for sunset?

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any good places for sunset?

Staying in Dennisport but open to driving anywhere on the Cape for the best sunset views, any suggestions? Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Rock harbor. Provincetown. I an pretty sure there was a recent similar question with many suggestions including some locations on ocean side.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good places for sunset?

A little closer to Dennis is Paine's Creek Beach in Brewster - follow 6A to where the road splits in front of Lukes Liquors, stay left, Lower Road, first left is Paine's Creek Beach Road. Our kids call it "Sunset Beach" No matter where you go, make sure you take bug spray.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 03:25
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Sundowners on bass river.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good places for sunset?

There is a Rock Harbor in Orleans. I don't know of one in Provincetown. The place in Provincetown to see the sunset is at Herring Cove Beach. Also the Bay beaches in Eastham have good sunset views.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good places for sunset?

I was listing 2 locations. Used to be a reggae band one evening a week playing at rock harbor in summer. Not sure if still done.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Sorry neslaw1... This type is too small for my old eyes! You are right of course.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,056 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Neslaw, do you mean Sundancers the restaurant/bar? I've never heard of Sundowners.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,959 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good places for sunset?

That's because it is actually Sundancers. For the OP, Sundancers is in West Dennis on the north side of Rt 28 just before you go over the Bass River bridge. There's music for their younger crowd and outdoor deck dining too. Reggae music starting at 5pm every Sunday (at least in the past) brings in a nice, varied crowd.

While not completely pointing west it is most convenient for you to go to the end of West Dennis beach or join the folks watching the sunset on Mayflower Beach. At Mayflower people even come with folding tables that they spread with dinner, beverages (of all kinds), chairs and so forth. Sunset is the finale after their beach dinner. This is best at low tide.

Of course Skaket Beach in Orleans on Cape Cod Bay is another celebrated spot for sunsets and we too made a point to go to nearby Rock Harbor the evening that the reggae band played. That's a once a week free event. Check for it inside the weekly entertainment section of the Friday Cape Cod Times. Get it free when you arrive on Sat. either from your realtor or in the box in front of the Dennisport Visitors Center located at Rt 134 and Rt 28 tucked in behind Kreme n Kone.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Yea, sundancers. I am losing it. Problem is I still want to call is Snowden's Horsefoot Cove, it's original name from the 70's

Boston...
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good places for sunset?

Thank you all for the responses! I haven't bee to the cape in over 10 years and am looking forward to exploring :)

Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port