We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colony Beach was great!

new york
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Colony Beach was great!

Just back from a long weekend at the Colony Beach. You may remember I posted here looking for a recommendation after having an awful experience with the Three Seasons. Just wanted to let you all know the Colony Beach was excellent. Stayed in one of the very clean newly remodeled rooms, right next to the immaculate pool and equally immaculate beach.

Met the owners Cheryl & Tony and can say they are truly nice people, as well as the whole staff. Checked out some of the efficiencies too for next year and they were really nice. The grounds are impeccible and the pool is quite large and bath-water warm, which really helped since the air temps were a tad on the cooler side. Both my 4 yro daughter and husband loved the pool and spent most of their time there.

I highly recommend this place and can't wait to return next year, hopefully for a full week!

Thanks again Colony Beach. Ciao~

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colony Beach was great!

I was hoping you would post after your visit -

I am gald that you also found Colony Beach to be a good as I did.

I am looking forward to next year as well .

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colony Beach was great!

Glad you posted this info. The Colony Beach looks so traditional and maybe even old from the street so it is nice to hear from you that the accommodations were so nice.

We can suggest this hotel in addition to the Three Season next door since your 'awful' experience was with your reservation/rate vs internet rate and not with the hotel itself which you formerly enjoyed when you stayed there.

Speaking of old (as in Colony Bch above), we took the time to go through the Lighthouse Inn on the water in West Dennis when we were over there on the lawn for a Dennis Festival event - the annual waiter/waitress beer relay races pitting local restaurant summer help against one another. (Swan River Restaurant successfully defended their title and the Sand Bar came in second.)

The Lighthouse Inn has group photos of the summer serving starting in 1939 along with photos of the Inn itself and the additions over the years. The whole set up reminds me of (not looks like) the resort in the movie Dirty Dancing with all the activities, kids programs, kids meals etc. There were people of all ages there including families (mostly) and honeymooners. I didn't realize that they do a big and successful wedding business there are are highly rated too.

Can't say what the food is like since we just grabbed a burger from the competition-side buffet table but I know I'd like to come back and participate in their cocktail hour and appetizers on their lovely deck.

3. Re: Colony Beach was great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port