We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coves Bluff

New England
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coves Bluff

Hi - has anyone ever stayed at Coves Bluff Motel? Any thoughts? Also, any good ideas for things to do with young kids in the area?

Thanks

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coves Bluff

Take a look at the trip report by rodin who recently stayed at Cove Bluffs Motel. They had a great time and found lots of fun things to do with the kids.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k2993…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coves Bluff

Sorry I can't help with the hotel, but I can help w/ things to do ... you didn't specify the ages of your kids ... but I'll take a stab, anyway.

Visit the Cape Cod National Seashore Visitors' Center right off of Rte 6 in Eastham. They offer little courses for kids, they have a "Junior Ranger" program and right there at the visitor's center is an easy walking trail that runs around Salt Pond.

Rock Harbor (about 5 minutes from the Rotary) is a great place for young kids at low tide. You can walk 'forever' and there's often a tidal pool or two around.

The Wellfleet drive-in is fun if there's a kids' movie showing. If they're real young, they'll get a kick out of going in their jammies.

Along Rte 6 you'll find several mini-golf locations.

The Pilgrim Monument in P-town is a great take. The museum has exhibits, including all toys that will hold the interest of young kids for a few minutes, anyway . ;) There's a grassy area at the base of the monument w/ benches for Mom and Dad and running space for kids. AND ... you can even CLIMB the monumnet. It's an easy climb ... a couple of short flights of stairs and then a series of ramps with two steps in each corner. My daughter climbed it for the first time at age 3 ...she needed a bit of help getting down cuz she picked up a bit of speed on the ramps, but holding her hand wsa all it took.

Of course, a bucket and shovel and a seat on the beach can keep kids occupied for hours, too. ;)

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coves Bluff

Forgotmypassword has given some great suggestions. I'll add one...If you go to Provincetown take the kids on the Pirate Adventure. The boat ride is geared to kids from ages about 4-10. Check out the National Seashore programs here:

http://www.nps.gov/caco/forkids/index.htm

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coves Bluff

We stayed at the Cove Bluffs motel about 12 years ago due to 'overbooking' at my in-laws home. At that time, it was very comfortable and a good set up for a family with young children (ours were 4 and 2 at the time). And the owners of the hotel could not be nicer. Here's a story to prove that...

Friends of ours stayed at CB one Memorial Day weekend with their 3 year old son. They were involved in a serious car accident on Route 6 right near the hotel (can't remember exactly what happened but the car was totalled and my girlfriend injured her eye when the airbag deployed). She was taken to Cape Cod Hospital for quite a few hours (a 30 minute drive away). The CB owners went to the hospital and drove them back to the hotel when she was released and extended many other kindnesses to them that weekend. So I always have a soft spot for them.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,845 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coves Bluff

Tom and Noreen.

6. Re: Coves Bluff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:31