We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

Woonsocket, Rhode...
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

My husband and I are planning a winter weekend getaway and would like to stay somewhere in Chatham, Orleans or Eastham. Any type of accomodation would be fine. We prefer to be on the Atlantic side (which is why I picked these towns). Thanks for any assistance.

Hadley...
Level Contributor
817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

How about a nice cozy room with a fireplace? Chatham Wayside Inn? A great B & B? Maybe the above with a water view? I don't know the lodging options in this area well enough, but others do and will answer soon.

Martha

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

Also in Chatham is The Bradford Inn, sister property to the Wayside Inn. Both have rooms with firplaces, but neither has a water view.

You might check on Chatham Bars Inn on Shore Road in Chatham; they're having a bit of a 'sale' going on right now on travelzoo.com and the views are wonderful from their waterfront rooms.

hotels.travelzoo.com/resorts-spas/665895

The Hawthorne Inn, also on Shore Road, has updated their rooms recently, and that might suit you too. I don't know if they have fireplaces; they certainly have a waterview.

The Wequasset Inn, also in Chatham, has bay views.

All of these properties (except for the Wequasset which has its own Great restaurant, 28 Atlantic) are a quick walk to great restaurants, shops.

You might also check on Ship's Knees Inn in Orleans, right on Nauset Beach. They have an oceanview apartment and the setting is unique:

http://www.shipskneesinn.com/index.shtml

I'm sure you'll hear all about other available rooms soon, if you haven't already.

Have a great stay.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

For an ocean view cottage or cosy suite inside the National Seashore take a look at Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast in Eastham. It is the only lodging inside the park on the Atlantic side. The location is unique, surrounded by scenic views and walking trail, close to restaurants and shopping in Orleans, mid-way between Chatham and Provincetown. You can check out reviews on TA or take a look at their website at www.forthillbedandbreakfast.com

The Nantucket cottage at Fort Hill is our favorite...with ocean views, gas fire place, comfy, cathedral-ceiling living room and a full complimentary breakfast, it sound like something you might enjoy.

We have stayed there many times and can vouch for the #1 TA rating, and Fodor's Choice honors.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

The Whalewalk Inn in Eastham is worth a look. The Ship's Knees Inn in East Orleans gets good reviews and is in walking distance to Nauset Beach, but not "right on the beach." I believe that they also own a cottage on the Town Cove in Orleans which may be of interest to you as it is on the water and also in walking distance to restaurants and shopping in the town.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

Oh yes, do read all the 'unbiased' reviews of All the suggested inns! Some of them are Hilarious! (like the travel writer who Forgot to take a picture of his room but included some generic photo of some setting or rising sun. Great contribution. I bet he liked the ocean too. LOL!)

6. Re: Winter Weekend stay on the Cape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 06:16