We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

I am planning on attending a memorial service in Ptown the weekend of 6/7/14. As we are no longer living on Cape, I am at a loss to locate a decent motel . I do not wish to impose by staying where the bereaved family is staying to afford them their privacy but do wish to be close by. I was thinking of returning to Bayside Resort in Yarmouth as it was perfect for the last visit home for funeral but that would be a drive. My wish list is under $140/night, pool, nice breakfast ( not a deal breaker), clean accommodations. Guess we were spoiled by the Bayside before and now that is what I am making comparisons with.

5 replies to this topic
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

Booking.com has the Elephant Walk Inn in central P'town for your weekend dates, a room with one queen bed for $145 per night, breakfast included and free parking. I have not stayed here, but the reviews both here and on booking.com are very positive. There is 1 room remaining at this price.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

You posted in Eastham. Do you want to stay there or anywhere on the outer Cape?

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

I will stay from Eastham up towards Ptown. If I cannot find comparable to Bayside, I'll commute from there. I just loved their indoor pool, sauna and breakfast room.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

I had a good OFF SEASON stay at the Harbor inn (former Holiday Inn) about 18 months ago. I thing it would be a bit crazy at the height of the season.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions

How about the Four Points Sheraton in Eastham? They have an indoor pool and restaurant on site. Ask for one of their newly renovated rooms.

Reply to: Haven't lived in Mass for 20 plus years so need suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted