We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need AC in August?

jts
VA
3 posts
Save Topic
Need AC in August?

We're planning for a trip in first week in Aug and have never been in MV before. I noticed that a lot of the older homes for rent don't have AC. Do you need AC during that time of the year? We're used to vacationing in the Outer Banks where you really need it. Should we look for a rental with AC? Thanks.

Martha's Vineyard...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need AC in August?

Like anything else, most of the time you dont need it, but for the few days a year you do need it, if its hot the days you are here, you will kill to have it!

There are nice evening breezes here but it does get hot. We have AC in our rental for just that reason, its not necesary but nice.

Have fun!!

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need AC in August?

If you happen to be there during a heat wave you need it, otherwise no.

MV2
NJ
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need AC in August?

Personally I like to have the option of a/c whenever I'm on MV in the summer. Yes, it can be delightfully cool in the evenings but during a heat wave, which New England does get, the a/c is great to have.

If you can't find a rental with a/c then at least make sure they have ceiling fans. :)

4. Re: Need AC in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown