We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merchants - stylist recommendations

New England
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Merchants - stylist recommendations

Hi

We're planning a trip to Edgartown in late May (for elopement). We've never been on the island and are trying to handle the few arrangements by internet & phone. Can someone recommend a stylist (hair & makeup), reasonably priced? I would also like recommendations for a nice bakery in the area (we need only a very very small cake since it is only the 2 of us), and a restaurant for our wedding night dinner? Again, any recommendations (with details or websites) is appreciated -- of course, photos are also a plus. Thanks.

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
919 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Merchants - stylist recommendations

The best salon is Boucle, located right in downtown Edgartown. Susan, the owner, would be the most expensive stylist, but Elkie is great and sweet, so I would recommend her for a most cost effective option. They have a website www.bouclespa.com A less expensive option might be Wavelengths, also in Edgartown. I'm not sure who the stylists are, but Missy is the owner and would be able to help.

For a cake, I would most definitely use Cakes by Liz. Her website lists the flavors and pricing, but I would phone direct to get a better price. That time of year, everyone's anxious to have the business.

A restaurant in Edgartown is easy, because there are a few great ones to choose from; Detente is right in town, but I can't seem to get their website to pull up. Look at review on here. L'etoile is a nice French restaurant that many enjoy, and also right in Edgartown. Atria is another one that comes to mind. A short distance out of town. Alchemy is also right in town, and this past summer I was told the chef was very good. Google for the specific webistes to have a look at the menus and this site will also have reviews.

Have fun planning. This is a beautiful island to have wedding memories to remember.

Edgartown...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merchants - stylist recommendations

I agree with the previous post on suggested Edgartown restaurants, Detante would be my first pick. The food is incredible. However, the best salon in Edgartown by far is "A Hair Affair" the stylists there are unbelivably talented and well known for bridal services. Ask for Gretchen, she is the owner, her work is incredible. The location is perfect and the salon is beautiful and very clean. There is a really nice vibe and welcoming feeling in the salon. ahairaffairmv.com

3. Re: Merchants - stylist recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown