We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgartown Commons Questions

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Edgartown Commons Questions

I’m looking at the possibility of staying at the Edgartown Commons in June for the location & price. I see the mixed reviews on T/A so I am somewhat hesitant. I am hoping that someone familiar with it (or destination expert) can give me the straight up on a few things. We are traveling with another couple and sharing a two bedroom would be a great money saver. What size beds do these units have? I see they have 3 and 4 room two bedroom units and I’d like to know what the difference is. Is the pool area well kept? Are there places close by to grab a coffee in the morning?

Are there particular unit numbers or at least floors that are nicer than others? Are there ones to totally avoid?

My expectations aren’t real high going into this based on what I have read. However if the unit is clean and large enough to accommodate us, then I can overlook the outdated furniture and what not. I’m hoping that the price & location outweigh the negatives.

Thanks

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edgartown Commons Questions

Hi, first I need to say I have not stayed there, but Edgartown Commons was recommended to me by a long-time resident who described it as a good inexpensive place to stay. It is centrally located, you can walk to Espresso Love for great coffee.

Brooklyn
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Edgartown Commons Questions

In the interests of full disclosure, I own Unit 8 at the Commons and before my wife and I purchased it, we stayed at the Commons for many years. We love it and we have completely renovated our unit. In fact, many of the other units have been and are being renovated.

Edgartown Commons is a wonderful place to stay especially when you consider the location and price. The Commons are located in the village of Edgartown and you can stroll through the village at any time of the day or the evening. June is particularly nice in Edgartown since the roses are usually in full bloom.

Bike paths are nearby and the public buses are easily accessible across the Green. Both give you access to other parts of the island if you do not want to drive.

All of the apartments have kitchens so you can choose to eat in if you so desire. There are bar-b-que pits near all of the units as well.

The pool is wonderful. My children must be pried away from it. But if you like, the beaches are nearby.

Finally, Rick and Janet who manage the property are wonderful resources for your visit.

Enjoy your visit.

Joe G.

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edgartown Commons Questions

Finally some feedback! Thanks.

We went ahead and booked based on location alone. If it works out, this will be an annual tradition.

4. Re: Edgartown Commons Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 07:47
Get answers to your questions about Edgartown