We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
963 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

How far is this beach from Dennisport? We always vacation in Dennisport but hate the beaches there. The sound is so dirty and the water is brown, yuk! I'd like to give the Cape the benefit of the doubt and see a nice beach. From what I'm reading Old Silver Beach is the closest I'll get to the Caribbean here in New England.

How would we get there??

Any other beaches in the Cape that can compare to the clear sea green waters of the Caribbean?

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

Old Silver Beach is about an hour in traffic from Dennisport. Take Route 28 North to the rotary at the Hyannis Airport. Continue following on Route 28 North from the rotary through Centerville and into Mashpee. At the Mashpee Commons Rotary, get off Rt. 28 and Take Route 151 to Falmouth (I think it's the second exit off the rotary). It will take you through Mashpee and into East and Norht Falmouth (you will go by the Barnstable County Fairgrounds on the right too). Follow Route 151 until it ends at a set of lights at the Junction of Route 28A (House of Pizza on your right). Take a left onto Route 28A and follow the signs that say SEA CREST RESORT/Old Silver Beach. You will come to one more rotary after a small shopping plaza on the right. Take CURLEY BLVD. (the first exit off the rotary). Curley Blvd. quickly turns into Quaker Rd. You will pass St. Elizabeth Seton Church on the left. Keep following Quaker Road and it will take you to the Sea Crest Resort (on the right) and the Public and Resident Beaches of Old Silver. The sand is the best around. There are bath houses with facilities and food stands if you want. On a nice day, get there early because parking lots fill up around 10am.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

Dennis has great beaches on the north side, not so great on the nantucket sound side. Old Silver beach is on Buzzards Bay and the water does get pretty warm, but it is not as beautiful as others.

There is a great detailed beach guide here with lots of pictures of the capes beaches, you should check it out: capecodbeachchair.com/beachguide/index.cfm

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

By the way, Harry. The ideal Spot Motel is being torn down to make way for what else- condo's. It was a wonderful little place in it's day and now the former owner's are enjoying retirement in Maine.

Central...
Level Contributor
190 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

You don't have to drive all the way to Falmouth for a nice beach -- try the Dennis northside beaches. Mayflower is wonderful, especially at low tide.

FL
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

Luckily I grew up in a house that was walking distance to Old Silver Beach and could see the beach up on the Widows Peak and catch a hint of the beach in the back sunroom. Old Silver beach is the best and many fond memories and sunsets there. Coast Guard Beach is wonderful too! Highly recommend either. Have a great time!

Robynn French

Owner

www.sanibel-online.com

My second favorite place to be but miss the Cape.....

26. Re: Old Silver Beach Falmouth???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 05:27