We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falmouth for an evening drink?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Falmouth for an evening drink?

Hi all,

My wife and I are visiting Falmouth for a week in June and wondered if anyone could advise us on places to go to for an evening beer without being glared at for not wanting food?

We have read the C of Commerce book and it seems the town has some great restaurants, but some nights all we want is a cool beer and and perhaps some music in a bar.

We are booked at the Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge so we can walk anywhere from there.Thanks in advance.

H.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge
Falmouth Heights Motor...
320 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

Hello,

A short walk from your motel is The British Beer Company on Grand Avenue. It's directly across the street from the beach and a great spot to enjoy some cold beers and music.

http://britishbeer.com/local/falmouth/

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

You should not have the problem anywhere. Most restaurants have a bar area and even if you are just having a drink, no one will care. My general experience is that unless a restaurant is packed with diners and you are sitting for hours nursing a beer, you will be fine. I am guessing that a mid week day in June is pretty dead in most bars.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

Thanks both.

The British Beer Company looks good and would appear to be only a few minutes walk away. We stayed at Briarwood a few years ago and while the accommodations were good, we missed out on any nights out due to its location. Hope to make up for it this time. Many thanks.

H.

Cape Cod MA
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

You're best bet for a cool beer and great music in Falmouth would be at Liam Maguire's Irish Pub on Main Street. They have live music every night and a nice bar. It is also not to far from Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Liam Maguire's Irish Pub
Liam Maguire's Irish Pub
501 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge
Falmouth Heights Motor...
320 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

I found their website and it looks good. We will try this one, much obliged for your help.

H.

Woods Hole
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

If you want a place where the locals hang out, try Grumpy's Pub. There's usually a band on Fri. and Sat. It's kind of a dive, but if you like that dark, pub atmosphere, give it a try.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

The Boathouse is a great place to go! Great atmosphere and crowd! It is across from the Windfall Market on Scranton Ave. right on the harbor!

Mentioned in this post
Scranton
Scranton
Pennsylvania
8. Re: Falmouth for an evening drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 07:46