We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

Has anyone heard of renovations at this hotel? We use to love to go there but the last few years it has fallen into disrepair and gets terrible reviews? Old silver beach is perfect for my eight year old.

Plymouth
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

Well lets see where I should begin...we had our weeding at the Seacrest last summer in Aug.We loved the fact that we could get married on the beach and have the reception right there on site... The front enterence rug was change..I think the they might have change the wall paper, but we where told that there where going to be major changes to the resort which didnt happen...we had the rooms in the courtyard...which only had new bedding..nothing else. the A/C systems leaked so bad that the rug around it and by the back door to the court yard where completely soak by it...there was mold on the celings and in room 315 the the bathroon tub was chiping horribly...My experience with the wedding planner at first was great..her name was Kathy. The closer we got to the wedding date she got pushy. She actually made me cry on my wedding day...which is BULL SH_t!!! First she starting on us when the guys had been lined up on the beach and my giels haded started to walk down...reason being...the head server Amanda was supposed to tell us when we needed to start going, instead she stood in the backround and said nothing. Then she was complaining that my DJ was play his music to loud and that he was upsetting the other guest with it being to loud...and this was at 20 minutes

before my reception ended...little did she know i WENT AROUND TO ABUNCH OF GUEST THAT WHERE STAYING THERE AND LOVED THE MUSIC HE WAS PLAYING AND THAT IT MADE THERE DAY AT THE BEACH!!! SHE IS THE WORST WEDDING PLANNER AND IF I WAS THE NEW OWNERS I WOULD GET RID OF HER!!!!

Edited: 03 August 2010, 20:28
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

I just stayed at Seacrest last weekend. The place has a great location but that is about it.The staff is aloof, the rooms were awful and the lounge was out of a bad 1980's movie. The beach chairs were rusted relics. The beach is great and the location, that is about it. The place needs to be gutted. There were open maint. and house keeping closets in each hall of the hotel. Total disaster.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

I just stayed at Seacrest last weekend. The place has a great location but that is about it.The staff is aloof, the rooms were awful and the lounge was out of a bad 1980's movie. The beach chairs were rusted relics. The beach is great and the location, that is about it. The place needs to be gutted. There were open maint. and house keeping closets in each hall of the hotel. Total disaster.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

That just sounds like hell. Did you ask for a refund? Someone should send this feedback to Susan Dewey at Cape and the Islands magazine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

Yeah, let's hope this new ownership gets that place completely renovated and either retrains the staff or hires some new people. In this economy, people should be very happy and thankful to have a job, and these staff members don't seem to care.

Having the ocean right there is great, but as we can see it only goes so far in making people happy to stay there.

Better get your act together, Seacrest, or you'll have lots of empty rooms in the future.

Massachusetts
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

Also - check your bills!!! My family stayed there in June and we are all STILL getting double billed and overcharged. The whole reservation/checkout process was a complete nightmare - from January when we booked to June when we stayed. Will never EVER recommend this place to ANYONE!!!!!!

17. Re: Seacrest Resort, Falmouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 17:16