We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

Boston
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

I am looking for cheap but clean accomodations for a mid -week in June (hoperfully before the rates rise) for the night before we take the ferry from Woods Hole to Martha's Vineyard,

Would prefer near the ferry but anywhere in Falmouth is fine. I know the area quite well, just not the hotels.

Will be checking in after 8pm and leaving on a morning ferry so just need a clean bed and a shower. 2 adults 1 child.

Thank you.

MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

The Sands of Time Motel is a 5 min. walk from the Ferry. The Woods Hole Inn, 50 yards from the Ferry has just been renovated.

Boston
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

Thanks for the reply tpmfd, Unfortunately the rates at those two places are beyond my budget. Sands of Time starts at $175 and up and Woods Hole Inn starts at $155 and up, mostly "and up".

This will be 2 adults and a kid or maybe 3 adults and a kid. Being near the ferry dock would be nice but not imperative. Anywhere in Falmouth is fine. I realize cheap in Falmouth in summer is near impossible but this will be for the 3rd week of June and I am hoping just before the rates go up.

Is there anything closer to $100 a night. How is the Admiralty for just a bed and a shower for probably less than 12 hours 8 of them sleeping?

Is there any other place?

Thanks for the help folks.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,491 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

falmouthvisitor.com/lodging-hotels_motels_re…

Here's a website that, when you page down, lists motels and uses a dollar sign icon about the rates. Of course you'll have further research to do. It might be quicker for you to call the Visitor's Center and just ask. Of course you could spend the night at home for free and just rise and depart very early for the ferry. Good luck.

Boston
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

Thanks Charlie. I did use that website and came up with the following possibilities. Wonder if you or anyone else has any opinions - positive or negative - on any of the following: They are all roughly $100-$125 for the night incl tax,. There were a few others that were the right price but their Tripadvisor reviews were not at all good.

I live in greater Boston so being in Falmouth the night before is preferable so we can get an early ferry. We are headed ultimately to Chappy and I understand that the ferry to Chappy gets quite backed up. So we want to get an early start so we don't spend all of one day travelling. And we would be overnighting on a Tues night with the ferry on Wednesday.

Admiralty Inn

CapeWind Resort

Green Harbor Waterfront

Mariner Motel

Sleepy Hollow Motor Inn (Woods Hole)

Town and Beach Motel

Nautilus Motor Inn (Woods Hole)

I'd appreciate if anyone could recommend for or against any of these.

Thanks!

5. Re: need cheap clean hotel night before the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:41