We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham uk
Level Contributor
627 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

We are staying in Falmouth for a couple of weeks. We will probably eat out the majority of the times, but we still need house food. We are also rather partial to foreign supermarkets/ food shops.

Any suggestions welcome including anywhere else on the cape that is worth a stop to food shop when we are out on our travels.

Thanks once again

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

The Windfall Market on Scranton Ave in Falmouth is nice, good cheese, bakery, deli, prepared foods. There's also the Slice of Italy on Main St.

Central...
Level Contributor
192 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

Roche brothers in Mashpee, Ring Brothers in Dennis. Both have a nice variety of ready-to-cook dinners.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
270 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

I second the suggestions of Windfall (very good meat section with super helpful butchers) and Roche Bros.

Two other local markets to consider in your travels are Fancy's in Osterville and The Barnstable Village Market in Barnstable Village.

I have also been incredibly happy with the new Market Basket in Bourne @ the Sagamore Bridge. This is a large grocery store - decent but not "posh". I love it for the very reasonable prices, quality and selection. Their prepared foods are good. I really like their bakery. I also find the folks at Market Basket to be very, very helpful.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

I agree with Sarah's suggestions and would not suggest you drive to all the way to Dennis to go to Ring Bros. In fact I was a little less pleased with it last summer to be honest.

Market Basket is a big grocery store not a specialty shop if that is what you are after but it is a gourmand's fairy land. We will most certainly be stopping there for ....well anything you could want every time we come over the bridge. Last Aug. we made a second trip about mid-stay in fact since the prices were so outstanding. Happy dining.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

Trader Joe's is always a fun shop. You can stop in if you're in the Hyannis area.

6. Re: Posh/ nice supermarkets/ delis/ bakeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 18:15