We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

Hi everyone. I'm looking to stay at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel next week. Can you please give me some feedback? How are the standard rooms with king beds (I believe building 7)? Is this part of the renovated section? Are there chairs in the room? Easy access to the beach? Also, how is the beach, specifically the water this time of year? Is it cold, lots of waves? I've never been to the cape, and while I'm not expecting anything like an island, I'm curious if the water is pretty dark (have a thing about not being able to see my feet when I'm only knee deep lol). Sorry for all the questions, I like to be prepared with what to expect :) I'll appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
1,024 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,034 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

I believe the entire property has been renovated now but specific questions about specific rooms are best addressed by the folks at Sea Crest. However I can say that the beach there is lovely. The water at Sea Crest is the warmest on the Cape with no wave action. I don't know if that last part is good or bad but that is the case.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
1,024 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Falmouth...
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

As far as I know, everything was renovated at the Sea Crest. I have not been in any of the rooms (but I'm going to ask to see one next time I go by.) They spent millions just a few years ago on the renovation, so I doubt anything was left undone.

Access to the beach is none better. You're right there. The Sea Crest beach is one of the few private beaches on the Cape. (Hotel guests only!) Right next door is Old Silver beach (public), one of the nicest beaches on the Upper Cape.

Today's water temperature is 66. Check Weather Underground and scroll way down the page. wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/MA/Wood…

The beach will be quite calm in the mornings and evenings, but around noon everyday you can plan on the southwest wind to pick up and by 2:00 p.m. you can expect waves of 2-3 feet. Around 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. the wind will die down and by sunset, the seas will be calm again until the next day.

The water is pretty clear, the beach does not drop off very fast so you can walk out 50 yards or so and still be standing. You'll still be able to see your feet even when you're waist deep.

When you're at the Sea Crest, make sure you have lunch or dinner at the Silver Lounge. Just 5 minutes away, the Lounge is a local landmark that can't be missed. At Uncle Bill's Country Store (attached to the restaurant) you will surely find a Cape Cod souvenir to bring home with you. (The penny-candy counter's pretty good, too!)

Cheers, Harry

http://www.silverloungerestaurant.com/

Mentioned in this post
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
1,024 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Old Silver Beach
Old Silver Beach
289 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

Thank you both so much, very helpful!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

I am here at the Sea Crest right now ! Feel free to message me..I would love to send you the pics I have. The day we arrived the skies were blue and the breeze was very mild and the water, I kid you not, was CRYSTAL clear and looked better than any island/all inclusive resort picture I have *ever* seen. We saw people snorkelling..there were hardly any waves! Seriously. Sooo pretty! I will say, having been here a few days, that this of course changes with the weather. The next day the wind picked up and the weather has been cloudier and sometimes rainy and we have seen the waves roll in heavier and darker.

We are ocean front so the view is amazing, the sand is almost white and the rooms have all been redone and are modern and crisp. We are in building 3 if that helps. Message me and I will find a way to send you the pics.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
1,024 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

"+1" to the above. Even in December when I stayed. Well, not as warm. Or as inexpensive. But the water's clear as a swimming pool, and the beach (not all the Seacrest's) "goes on forever". And some of the best sunsets of any hotel on the Cape. Oh, w/r/t the rooms, the one I had had a very modern king bed, and the bathroom was very recently re-done.

OP @LD23: What do/did you think?

6. Re: Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16