We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
309 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

Does anyone know if at some point in the game (3rd/4th quarter) can you get free admission into Gillette? We went to a Redskins game at Fedex Field a few years ago and we noticed as we were leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter...they were letting people in for free...

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

I've never heard of it -- that's not to say it's not done, I'm not a regular at Gillette --- Not to mention if you are lucky enough to find parking still opened, it will cost about $40 to park and you are likely to have a mile walk to the Stadium. In my humble opinion, Gillette Stadium is very poorly located ... regulars will tell you expect to sit in the parking lot for 2-3 hours after the end of the game ... traffic is a nighmare.

Mentioned in this post
Gillette Stadium
Gillette Stadium
686 Reviews
Foxboro, MA
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

If they did, after this was posted, they don't any longer!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

I live in Foxboro and believe me, if this was possible, the place would be flooded with locals who would walk over, despite the location (which is truly ridiculous). We spent years as parent-volunteers collecting tickets as part of a school fundraising thing and WE were never allowed in to watch any part of a game unless we stood, even that was discouraged.

Mentioned in this post
Foxboro
Foxboro
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

I have never heard of this at any park. I remember one year when the sox clinched a series on the road. The home team let all the sox fans in from outside after the 7th inning. There was much to about the the nice gesture, because it it rarely done.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
309 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked with my husband who was with me at FedEx field to make sure I didn't imagine it...nope...he remembers the exact same thing. There was no one at the turnstyles checking tickets and a few locals (I imagine) were coming in. Of course, this was before 9/11 so it may more of a security issue now.

Oh, btw...this was when the Redskins were good...and the Patriots were bad

6. Re: Late Free Admission to Patriots Game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:18