We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best on the beach location from Foxboro

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best on the beach location from Foxboro

We will be in Foxboro for my daughter's basketball tournament on Memorial Day weekend. We want to extend our trip for a couple of days and head to a beach somewhere (I know it will be too cold to swim, we just like to sit on the beach, look at the water, read, etc.). I know it's about an hour to most every beach area from Foxboro but I was wondering if anyone had ideas of where to go- Falmouth, Sandwich, Gloucester, Rhode Island beaches? And where to stay in any of these places that is right on the water? We would prefer resort or resort like accommodations with a pool, restaurant, things to do in the area, etc.

Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

I'd head to Newport which is warmer that time of year than te Cape. The beaches are not as nice as the cape's but Newport is a great place.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

The Seacrest Beach Hotel in Falmouth would be great for your trip:

http://www.seacrestbeachhotel.com/

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,378 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

And for a resort setting check out New Seabury. Sandwich is great but the beach is rocky.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

As I was reading your post the first place I thought of is where my family and I (from Foxboro) go and that is Old Silver Beach in Falmouth. I see kendrick beat me to the punch and listed the Seacrest which is directly on Old Silver Beach. It's an easy trip down 495 from Foxboro, about 45 minutes. If It's a basketball tournament. I'm assuming it's at Mass Premier..

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

agree Seacrest on Old Silver is a great place

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

Thank you all for your replies. We will probably go with Falmouth but I will say that Newport is definitely on my list of places to visit soon. We've been to almost everywhere else in New England with the exception of Rhode Island. From the investigating I've done it doesn't look like there's much, if anything that is right on the beach in the Newport area.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best on the beach location from Foxboro

Great beaches in Falmouth/Mashpee area including South cape. BTW have great memories of East Greenbush. Spent 5 years going to camp in Nassau.

Reply to: Best on the beach location from Foxboro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted