We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

1 post
Save Topic
Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

Does anyone know how I would park outside Boston, ie find West Natick Station to go to Back Bay station which is near Copley Square? Would be using 190 and understand there is a motel that has parking and access to the T

4 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,693 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

I don't know of any motels near the West Natick stop. Perhaps a mile or two away, near Route 9, there are a couple motels, one of which is a Hampton Inn, but this area is not really walking distance to that train stop.They may run a shuttle to the train? I would suggest going s bit further in and parking at Riverside, which is the last stop on the D train of the Green Line. There is a big parking lot. The trains run much more frequently and will take you to Copley.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 23:01
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,965 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

The "subway" part of the T is much more convenient than the commuter rail. Parking at the Riverside station is a good option, though it's a long-ish ride in.

Driving all the way into Back Bay is super easy and straightforward on the Pike if you want to splurge on spending a bit more for parking. It does not involve super confusing "deep city" driving. Streets in that part of town are in a grid and easy to navigate.

Are you staying overnight and looking for a hotel? Or just coming in for a day trip?

Level Contributor
1,523 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

Hotel Indigo is right next to Riverside Greenline T stop. It is one exit, south on 95, off of 90.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
663 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires

The ride from Riverside on the green line is fast and efficient and frequent. A lot of Fenway fans prefer to ride from Riverside than going by car into the city. The exit off of Rt. 128/95 is close to Rt. 90 which is the Mass Turnpike. Look at mapquest or use your GPS because it is a little confusing exit just before a major service/ rest stop on Rt. 128/95. I think it is Grove St. And keep taking the right turn. It is very safe in this parking area and subway terminal stop. Also it is a terminal for several busses to NYC as well as shuttles.

Edited: 22 September 2012, 00:48
Reply to: Park outside Boston, coming from Berkshires
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Framingham