We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Great Barrington

Which Great Barrington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Great Barrington

Hello,

My husband and I will be in Great Barrington in late August. We are looking for some nice places to eat lunch and dinner. My husband is not very adventurous food-wise, so a place that will have a fillet or a burger would be good, but I would like to hear about any and all recomendations for places with great food. Can be down home food or fancier. French, Chinese, Italian or American would work. Something mid-priced would be good (a little higher or lower is fine too).

Also, we will be going to the JT concert, so if there are any gourmet food shops with take-out we would appreciate a recomendation.

Finally, a recomendation on nightlife would be good too, especially any place with Karaoke. Nothing too crowded noisy or young. We are a young fun loving 40 something/50 something couple. We like to have fun, but don't want to go to a place with loads of 20 or 30 somethings swinging from the chandeliers (well, I can only speak for myself I guess).

Thank you in advance.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Great Barrington

Hi, I'd suggest the Castle Street Cafe - here's a link. http://www.castlestreetcafe.com/ Have Tanglewood tickets already gone on sale?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Great Barrington

Here's an informal place with good food and beer:

http://barringtonbrewery.net/

Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Great Barrington

RamblinDan,

Thanks for the recomendation for Barrington Brewery. We already have it on our list. Our first time in Great Barrington was last year (for the Fourth of July JT concert) and we discovered the Barrington Brewery. We only had drinks at the bar. Might try the food this year for lunch maybe.

Also, there was a bar with Karaoke but we can't remember the name. Do you know it?

Paula

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Great Barrington

I would like to echo the Brewery recommendation. They have good meals in the evening as well as lunch (the after 5 page on the menu). There are two or three nightly specials as well. Try the stout cake (split a piece or you'll never finish it). I live in GB and the brewery is our favorite place for supper out).

Helsinki Cafe (it is a restaurant) has local artists (and some out of towners too) performing regularly. check when you get to town.

Aegean Breeze is also good.

Highly recommend Martins for lunch or breakfast. They close at 3 pm and serve breakfast all day.

If you want take out, Gorham and Norton's deli counter makes wonderful sandwiches.

Taft Farms also has great sandwiches (on their own homemade bread) for takeout. They also have great pies which you can buy by the slice, cookies, soft drinks and other food stuffs if you want to make up a picnic.

The local paper says there are 67 places to eat in Gt. Barrington.

Having a flat pocketbook and plain tastes in food, I can't say from experience about any of the others which I have not mentioned above.

5. Re: Restaurants in Great Barrington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Great Barrington
More Great Barrington Topics