We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June At Bentley Brook

Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
June At Bentley Brook

Will be having a week long family gathering at Wyndham Bentley Brook beginning June 7th with 5 adults, 1 teenager,and 5 kids under 5. Don't think museums are the best option for entertainment. We don't mind some driving and heard that there is an amusement park nearby. Any ideas to make everyone happy? How about reasonable places to eat? Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Hi, there is a Six Flags about 45 minutes south in Agawam, MA. Pittsfield, MA has a variety of restaurants as does Lenox. I find this website very helpful for info about the Berkshires: http://www.berkshireweb.com/home.html There is a section for Hancock on there as well.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Hi,

The 6 Flags New England in Agawam, MA is actually about 1 hour 15 minutes from where you will be in Hancock. There is a second 6 Flags in Queensbury, NY in the Lake George area and that would be about 1 hour 45 minutes drive. Personally, I prefer the New York one.

My guess is that 6 Flags is not the "near by" amusement park mentioned. There are a few activities across the street from Bentley Brook at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort (www.jiminypeak.com/accounts/69/homepage/), including an alpine slide and mountain coaster.

Also, there are a couple of mini golf courses within a relatively short ride. One is on route 7 by the Berkshire Mall Road. The other is on Route 22 in Stephentown, NY. The 5 kids under 5 would enjoy a school playground in Pittsfield, MA. If you have a GPS, you can put in the address for Crosby Elementary School, located at 517 West St. It is a fairly large playground. It is the style with wood walkways, ladders and slides for kids. It is located behind the school. Keep in mind that weekdays, school will still be in session and I doubt they would want guests on the playground at that time.

Burbank Park in Pittsfield is located on Valentine Road. It is on Onota Lake and has pretty views. It has lawn areas and a walking path along the lake. You could have a picnic there and bring your own fun, like frisbee, ball to play catch, etc.

As for restaurants, I guess that depends on what you like. For restaurants, I'd suggest Jimmy D's (diner style) on rotue 20 in Lebanon, NY, Zucco's restaurant on Dalton Ave, Pittsfield, MA, Dakota Steak House, Pittsfield, Patrick's Restaurant and Pub at Park Square in the center of Pittsfield, Mazzeo's Italian restaurant on Winter Street in Pittsfield (ask for directions), Arizona Pizza Restaurant in Lanesboro on route 8 or their Lenox one on route 7 and 20. There are lots of Chineese restaurants in the area too. My preference is the Luau Hale, located on route 7 and 20 in Lenox, MA. I've always liked Friendly's Restaurant too, which is in Pittsfield at the intersection of Cheshire Road and Dalton Ave.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Westernmass

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
485 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Wondering how you liked the Wyndham. Are there any decent restaurants onsite? Did you by chance visit the Country Inn at Jiminy Peak. We are considering the area for 2 nights end of July - Country Inn is $129 and Wyndham "if we are lucky" starts at $179 or more. Thanks for any info!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June At Bentley Brook

There are a couple of restaurants onsite. John Harvard Brewhouse was ok. I did not eat at Christianson's but I recall it had an outdoor deck overlooking the mountain. At the entrance to JP is Powder Hounds which we liked alot. Small pub type restaurant with good food and nice atmosphere.

Hopefully someone will remember the name, but there is a restaurant right on the lake on rt 7 just N of Pittsfield which had good food, reasonable prices and a great outside deck overlooking the river. Can't miss it but I just don't recall the name.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June At Bentley Brook

correction- overlooking lake - not river

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Neslaw1,

The restaurant/pub you are refering to is Matt Reilly's. It is located right at the Pittsfield / Lanesbourough town line, overlooking Pontoosuc Lake. Great views, ok/decent food and reasonable prices on both food and drinks.

Westernmass

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Opps! I miss spelled Lanesborough (more commonly spelled Lanesboro).

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Thank you. The food is decent. I don't believe it tries to do more than it can competently and is a very nice place to relax.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: June At Bentley Brook

Agreed!

10. Re: June At Bentley Brook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 05:18