We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jiminy Peak

mass
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jiminy Peak

My husband and I were thinking about staying at the Country Inn and doing the activities @ Jiminy Peak (alpine slide mountain coaster etc) w/ my 14 and 13 year old children over the 4th of July weekend I am not sure whether these activites would be good or if it is geared toward a younger age group. Any info on the hotel and summer @ Jiminy peak would be helpful. Thank You

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jiminy Peak

I can't really say how the alpine slide is at Jiminy Peak but if it's anything like the alpine slide at Attitash in New Hampshire it's a blast. Google attitash and see if there is a picture of the slide on their website. There should be. See if it looks like the one at Jiminy Peak. My kids loved those slides. They went when they were 10 and 12. It was fun for adults too. They should be fairly long runs.

Mentioned in this post
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
522 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jiminy Peak

Did you end up staying on the 4th of July? I am anxious for a recent review of the property. We are thinking of it for 2 nights end of July. It is so much more reasonably priced than other places we have looked at that it worries me. We are not super picky but don't want depressing either! Thanks!

Hancock...
Level Contributor
113 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jiminy Peak

I live in Hancock and we frequently take kids there in the summer. Lots of fun things to do. For lodging also check out Vacation Village which is just across the road from Jiminy Peak.

While you're in the neighborhood, check out the Sol LeWitt show at Mass MOCA in North Adams - about 20 minutes away. It's an amazing exhibit of wall drawings that must be seen to be believed.

Also check out the Hancock Shaker Village if you like history, old buildings, etc. The Round Barn is truly wondrous!

Mentioned in this post
MASS MoCA
MASS MoCA
725 Reviews
North Adams, MA
Hancock Shaker Village
Hancock Shaker Village
596 Reviews
Pittsfield, MA
4. Re: Jiminy Peak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Hancock