We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation village in the berkshires

Which Hancock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
vacation village in the berkshires

Hi I have heard of so many horror stories about the resort I'm just wondering if they are all true!! We are staying at the resort from 12th sept to 19th sept. If somebody could let us know about this resort I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation village in the berkshires

I own there and stayed there last summer. If you can get one of the newer units, then that is the best.

The main issue in the unit was that there was little sound insulation and we had a crying baby next door.

The unit itself was very nice, sparsely utensiled like most but enough things if you wanted to cook in. We did have some refrigerator problem but maintenance fixed it promptly and provided us with ice while we were waiting. Enjoyed the gas grills by the pool. Except for tricking us into a sales pitch (we should have known there is no such thing as a free breakfast), the staff was very friendly and helpful. No wifi in units but there is in the lobby area. The view across to JP is really beautiful. You will be a drive to just about everyplace but that's just the location. Maybe 1/2 towards Lenox and 15 minutes to Williamstown.

It is a timeshare and not the Fairmont. So, if you go with reasonable expectations then you will be fine.

There is an indoor pool and an exercise room. I would go back again.

2. Re: vacation village in the berkshires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Hancock