We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Which Hancock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Hi

We'll be staying at Wyndham Bentley Brook the week before thanksgiving with 2 young kids. I know this is a low season between foliage and ski seasons, but what is there to do in the area that time of year?

Will Jiminy peak still have any of their coasters or alpine slides running, or will they be starting ski season at that time?

Any interesting museums or activities for kids in the area?

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Hi! You are right that you are visiting during the low season, but I have a couple ideas for you.

Mass MOCA Kidspace (North Adams) - http://www.massmoca.org/

Berkshire Museum (Pittsfield) - http://www.berkshiremuseum.org/ For a medium sized museum, it has quite a lot. Be sure to check out the basement level with aquariums and snakes, etc. Kids seem to really love those!

Hancock Shaker Village (rte 20 side of Hancock) - hancockshakervillage.org/accounts/…

Will you be here on the 20th? Check out: www.thecolonialtheatre.org/performances.php…

You could always go for a hike, etc. Lots of ideas at www.Berkshires.org.

Not sure about Jiminy Peak's November schedule. At best, they may be weekend only for the Alpine slide and Mountain coaster. Check out their web site www.jiminypeak.com/accounts/69/homepage/ for more details. Jiminy Peak tries to open the ski slopes as early as possible, so they could be making snow... depending on the weather! Of course we could have mother nature's snow then too... you never know!

Have a wonderful trip!

Westernmass

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Please post a report and let us know how the WBB is. I own across the street but looked thru that lodging and it looks very nice.

I don't know if it was suggested but look to see if the Mt Greylock road is still open. Not sure when it closes for the season.

MA
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

thanks for the great info - great suggestions

MA
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Just reporting back on the trip. We had a good time.

The auto road up Mt Greylock was still open, so we drove up and took-in the great views. Very windy and colder at the summit and great views of five states.

We also went to the Berkshire Museum, which was a good place for our kids as many of the exhibits seem to be geared to kids. We also saw their annual christmas tree exhibit, which was okay. Williamstown was pleasant to tour, and if we had has more time we would have gone to the Williams College Museum and/ or the Clark (kids wouldn't have apprecaited these museums, though).

Bentley Brook is a very nice, comfortable, family resort. Nice pool, hot tub, game room, small movie theater, etc. We'll go back in the winter as it is great for skiing as you can ski to and from the door.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Thanks for the report. BB is in a great spot in my opinion. There is alot iin the summer as well with an alpine slide, etc.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

Thanks for posting back! Glad you had a good visit and I'm sure you will have a great time with the mountain has skiing.

Westernmass

7. Re: going to Hancock in Mid November with 2 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Hancock