We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants around Harwich

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants around Harwich

please recommend your favorite restaurants...in a range of prices. looking for a good place for a party of 8 on a sunday. Any events for the week of 8/23-8/29?

Thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,296 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

When you arrive on Cape stop off at the Visitors center right after the Hyannis exit. Pick up Cape Week. This is the entertainment section to the newspaper. It's free on Sat. It will list Best Bets and all sorts of entertainment. In a different format you can look at it today online at www.capeweek.com

We enjoy breakfast at Bonatt's right on Main St in Harwichport. Best menu items in our opinion are the lobster eggs benedict and the raspberry stuffed french toast. Someone on this board doesn't like Bonatts so I'm sure you'll hear about that but, hey, that just means one less person in the line to get in.

Brax Landing overlooking Saquatucket Harbor is great for the view and so so for the food. Just have something simple like a burger there or a drink and don't expect too much from the food.

For upscale there's l'Alouette and Cape Sea Grill. The food is good at Cape Sea but the service is rather chilly we think.

If you'd like some reasonably priced italian food then head west on Rt. 28 to Villa Roma.

Have fun.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Some say Bucca's, my Mom did not fancy it. I used to dine at Pisces but the dining room is too small. I love Sea Grill but the tables are rather close. Not too far way in Dennisport is Ocean House. AMAZING.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Bonatt's is a must for breakfast. We had an outstanding meal at Cape Sea Grill last week, service was very good and food was great. For a casual lunch or dinner try The Hot Stove in Harwichport. Great chili, burgers etc. It's a baseball oriented place with some great baseball memorabilia decorating the place. It's a bit small, but I've seen them seat parties of 8 there. Very fun and good food. Enjoy your stay!

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Drive just a little further to Chatham and have a great time at The Squire restaurant on Main St. Call ahead to let them know you're coming (they don't take reservations but they'll let you add your name to the waiting list by phone).

www.thesquire.com

They post their menu and their specials daily online.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Never eaten there but this place is ALWAYS bsy, every time we drive by so that must be a good sign!

http://www.piscesofchatham.com/

On the Chatham/Harwich line.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

The Hot Stove in Harwichport intrigued me when we were stolling up & down Main St. Good to know about the whole baseball theme, our boys would enjoy that.

Next year for sure!

Naomi :-)

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

My friend says Hot Stove has the best burgers if you eat meat. I would rather eat Greek pizza across the street at Georges. Squire is a pub..so so food but good vibe.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Re. The Squire in Chatham: One side (with a separate street entrance available) leads to a bar with a casual pub menu. (good burgers and fried seafood)

The Other side is a great restaurant with a varied and innovative menu. Very "un-pub like" menu here.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Naomi: Pisces in S. Chatham is worth a try. A bit uneven, expensive, but when they get it right it's great. They'll valet park your car, finding parking is tough here. Reservations are essential.

www.piscesofchatham.com

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best restaurants around Harwich

Everyone have the pisces link now? :) (didn't notice your link post, Naomi!)

Get answers to your questions about Harwich