We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

Dallas TX
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

Funny how my posting continues to get deleted. Would just like potential vacationers to know that although the Sandpiper Beach Inn located in W. Harwich continues to advertise, and for all I know continue to take deposits, the inn has filed chapter 7 and is not open. The owners Peter and Joseph Campanini took a large deposit from us ($1800) and others just weeks before Memorial Day when they never opened. Certainly they knew about their financial woes, but continued to take deposit $$, return phone calls, and send itineraries. They left many of us scrambling for alternate plans at the last minute and we will be lucky to ever see a penny of our deposit $$ returned. How the Campanini's could possibly look at themselves in the mirror knowing how many they have ripped off is unknown to me.

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

Wow, that's terrible! Sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the warning

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
537 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

That is terrible - If You haven't already you should write this information also in the Hotel review section - I see there is another poster who was out money too!

I

I wonder do most hotels' motels require a high deposit

I know when I rented homes the money was paid in advanced

When I have stayed at the cape I have put done two nights deposit but this was in a hotel/motel - not much different than Sandpiper

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,175 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

Yes, def. write a review & also post this info on yelp & craigslist, so others don't get ripped off. Sorry it happened to you :-(

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

May want to contact an attorney. There may be grounds to determine the debt non dischargeable. Or maybe hold the owners personally liable. Rarely worth the effort for1 person but if you can get others to join in who knows.

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
537 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

I agree -

I would call the better business bureau of Ma

Also contact the Attorney General's office

In some cases - channel 5 wcvb - Susan Wornick (sp) and Channel 7 -

"help me HanK have done investigations like this and have been helpful to consumers as well.

There seems to be more people not just the Sandpiper but the post regarding rentals that people are taking advantage of people . With more action others will not be hurt. Check out the other posters and see if they will join you - it would be worth the chance - losing 1800.00 is awful.

Edited: 12 July 2010, 02:11
Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

For what it's worth, it was in Harwichport, not West Harwich.

didn't want anyone to confuse it with the Beach Breeze or other "Beach" named places in West Harwich.

It helps to remind us all that we should never pay more than one night's deposit in advance, and always use a credit card.

Good luck to you!

7. Re: Owners of Sandpiper Beach Inn/W. Harwich should be ashamed!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Harwich Port
Recent Conversations
More Harwich Port Topics