We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyannis

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
5 posts
Save Topic
Hyannis

My husband and I will be staying in Hyannis the week of October 23-30. Using Hyannis as our home base, we would like to visit all the New England states. We are mostly interested in scenic views. Any suggestions?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyannis

Rosebud: Is it possible you meant to write that you'd like to use Hyannis as your base while you explore all the << Cape Cod>> towns and villages?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyannis

Hi Rosebud, From Hyannis, if you want to drive off Cape then consider Newport, RI, maybe Fall River, MA if you'd like to tour the battleship MA, a sub etc. How about Plymouth, MA either downtown for a short tour on the Mayflower or a longer visit to the Plimouth Plantation. You don't mean that you want to visit all the NE states from Hyannis do you? When you are on the Cape you are where folks from those other states want to visit for the outstanding natural beauty.

Hadley...
Level Contributor
811 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyannis

So you are staying in Hyannis for 1 week and that is the week you also want to visit all the NE states? Do you want scenic views from the car while touring? Or do you want to get out and take walks? We have so many scenic views in NE I have no idea where to start. You will be doing a LOT of driving. Just want to make sure of the above and I will give some ideas.

Martha

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyannis

Hyannis is where our time share is located so it will be our home base. We would like to drive a scenic route each day and try to visit in each New England state. I realize we can't travel too far each day and get back to Hyannis each night.

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyannis

We want scenic drives, but would like to stop along the way and take photos.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyannis

Okay, how about if you hit the google maps and check a few destinations for distance. Then let us know how many miles round-trip you'd like to travel each day.

Also, what about time to explore Cape Cod with all it's natural beauty?

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyannis

Does anybody know anything about the Cape Winds Resort?

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyannis

I will work on some locations and post again. THANKS!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,097 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyannis

Cape Winds: 11 reviews on Trip Advisor from terrible to excellent. Hope you hear from someone who stayed this season for the latest scoop on it.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41623-d227747-…

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyannis

Hyannis is a great place. Basing yourself in Hyannis to explore Cape Cod is a great idea. Using Hyannis as your base for a tour of New England states is not great.

You'll be schlepping up and down rte. 28 and across the bridges everyday and there's construction on the bridge now. Hyannis is not on the way to any other N.E. state unfortunately.

Is there anyway you can visit some of the N.E. states enroute to the Cape and then base yourself in Hyannis for a great Cape experience?