We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seafood in Hyannis

Colorado
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Topic
Best Seafood in Hyannis

We are looking for a fun, possibly waterfront restaurant with great seafood. Recommendations? Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

I suggest The Paddock or The Naked Oyster, but neither are on the water.

http://www.paddockcapecod.com/index.php

http://www.nakedoyster.com/

On the water, head to the Raw Bar on Ocean Street. Try and get seating on the outside deck and definitely consider eating one of their huge lobster rolls.

http://www.therawbar.com/rawbar_hyline.html

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
46 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

I recently had "the best" fish and chips from Seaside Pub on Main. And I know my fish and chips. Tugboats has nice food too, it overlooks Hyannis Marina.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

Baxter's Boathouse is build over the water and Spanky's is harbor front. Both have seafood.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
194 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

Tugboats is great and Spankys too. The swordfish tips and baked stuffed lobster at Tugboats are Yummy!

cincinnati,ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

As a fun group (6 couples) heading to a wedding in Nantucket where do you recommend for dinner in Hyannis next Thursday--do we need reservations? prefer seafood And steaks and good bar! Thanks!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

IMHO the best dinner in Hyannis is probably at the Roadhouse and some may chime in and add Albertos. If you can go 15 min. east, head to Ocean House in Dennisport. It's sublime. Reservations needed for 6. Also Spankys is a nice spot for views. Service is mediocre and food is ok. Raw Bar has their famous lobster roll which I do like very much. Cafe Dolce is a nice spot for coffee and...Common Ground is a fun spot for lunch..really funky. Perrys Diner is probably the best breakfast spot in Hyannis. Island Merchant has a fun bar and good food.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 22:57
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

CC I realize I did not address oceanfront/seafood but truly the places that offer these two criteria are mediocre at best: Tugboats, Baxters, Spankys.....Sadly Cape Cod has few oceanfront restaurants Chow worthy..One spot that is sublime is Sesuit Cafe..views BYOB and great lobster rolls and seafood but it's on 6 A in E. Dennis, 20 min via car. WORTH the ride.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

www.yelp.com/biz/sesuit-harbor-cafe-dennis

When we suggest Sesuit Harbor Cafe to Cape visitors we should probably let them know that it is an outdoors only restaurant (in case the weather is not co-operating) and that it is found by weaving through the boatyard until one reaches the harborside. Also, be aware that they only take cash. Find them on the bayside in Dennis.

Oh, also they are only open seasonally so do call them to check hours/days of operation if any in Sept.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,036 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

www.embargorestaurant.com/menu_tapas.php

Again, not what you are asking about for your group of 12 but check this website. This is a sophisticated bar/restaurant but not at all typical Cape Cod.

It is really a martini bar with great food. The small plates (tapas) are not small at all. If anyone in your group likes mussels then definately order the PEI mussels here. There's also oysters both raw and baked, shrimp prepared a couple of ways, day boat scallops, fish tostados and for the meat lovers a small plate strip steak and a yummy lamb loin chop dish. Throw in an order of escargot for those who enjoy them.

There's live evening entertainment and then seating on their patio out front too. As you drive down Main St. (which is one-way) they will be on the left. Drive into the tiny alleyway immediately past their building and you can park for free in the back.

Also check www.nakedoyster.com also on Main St. if you like the idea of the style of dining that I just described but with a more substantial bill at the end of the night.

Lot's of great dining on the Cape but the restaurants with the views tend to be more 'family style' restaurants.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Seafood in Hyannis

Yes to the Raw Bar lobster roll and drinks in the boathouse at Baxter's. I'll be enjoying both of those activities on Saturday.