We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hyannis to boston for a red sox game

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
hyannis to boston for a red sox game

thinking of parking at Park/Ride Lot, Rt. 6 & 124 then getting a p&b bus into boston for a 1:35pm game start.

anybody know if there is always plenty of parking here, how much its costs etc.

1st time in the area so any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

steve

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
130 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

Your plan is good, do not know about 6 and 124 but the stop at 6 and 132 should have plenty. Give yourself plenty of time also you will want to get their early to enjoy the ambiance of Fenway. 940 bus gets into South Station at 11:10

34 round trip to Boston

Take the bus to South Station, get on the subway, Red line towards Downtown to Park Street,

Switch to the Green Line, take any trolley, except E line, go to Kenmore and follow the Crowd

After the game give yourself some time, the green line gets very crowded after a game, its like a sardine can

Have fun, Fenway is a great place to see a game, there is no other park like it

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

thanks for that, not sure where i got 6 and 124 from, 6 and 132 is where i should have put.

thanks for all the other info as well.

steve

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

If it's more than just you going, I'd say drive instead of all the bus/t rides. It'd be cheaper.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

I did look at driving but after looking at various forums the difficulty and expense of parking near fenway it didnt seem worth it.

there are 2 of us going and as we are on holiday if we get the bus we can both have a beer or 2 as well.

thanks for the advice

steve

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

If the bus is $34/person round trip, it'll cost you $68 for the bus for the two of you. Then you have the cost of the T added in. There's no way gas/parking anywhere near fenway would be that much. But, I understand wanting to just relax and forget about it. Make sure there's a bus late enough back for you (if it's a night game).

6. Re: hyannis to boston for a red sox game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:17