We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Boston

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Boston

Is P&B Bus Co. the only one that goes from Hyannis to Boston?

Is the service reliable?

The website says there are no reservations but I have a train to catch in Boston...just curious what to expect on a Sunday afternoon (June 30, weekend before July 4). Can I expect to get on the bus of my choice or ?

Thanks for you help...

Level Contributor
5,971 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Boston

I'm not sure if there are other buses that go from Hyannis to Boston. I think Peter Pan might, but yes, P&B is reliable.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Boston

We have taken the PB bus to Logan with no problems. Since the trip originates in Hyannis you should have no problem getting a seat. If you are worried. Go early and purchase you ticket. The Transportation Center is the stop to get, not the Rt. 6 Burger King stop for the best choice of seats. Some of the PB buses are "Express" to Logan while others stop at South Station in Boston first.

By the way, there is a train that goes from Hyannis to Boston on weekends in the summer. Have you considered taking a train? capeflyer.com/reservations-tickets/capeflyer…

Edited: 08 June 2013, 22:31
Level Contributor
680 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Boston

Peter Pan will get you to Boston. For some reason they do not advertise direct service; you would have to go Hyannis to Bourne and then transfer to the Bourne to Boston bus. P & B is the way to go.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
270 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Boston

The P&B bus service is very reliable, dependable, and efficient. I use their service to Logan on a regular basis. This route stops at South Station before heading into Logan. You should not have any trouble using the P&B service.

Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Boston

Do the express buses to logan stop in Bourne ?

Would I be better off to get on the bus in Bourne ?

Do you know the cost ?

Thank you ...

Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Boston

You live in the Berkshires, so you should be able to easily contact the companies involved either via phone or their websites.

Level Contributor
209 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Boston

Sorry to hijack but does P&B have any service from Orleans to Ptown?someone told me you can park at Stop and Shop and bus will take you there for $1

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Boston

There are 4 P&B trips per day to/from Provincetown that stop in Orleans at the CVS at Main St. and rte. 6A. There is local bus service that runs hourly, more or less, between Orleans and Hyannis that stops at the Orleans Stop & Shop and the Hyannis Transportation Ctr. The local service is by Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority, which you can Google.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,531 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Boston

The flex bus of the regional transit authority runs from Orleans to Ptown I Don't know what the fare is or what the parking policy at S&S is but if they do not have a designated parking area I would be reluctant to leave my car there. But maybe that is my city mentality showing through because they would tow if I did that where I live.

10. Re: Bus to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:17