We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Hey all,

I am taking my family to Chatham, Hyannis and Provincetown this weekend. Just wondering if anyone knows any not-so-fancy not-too-expensive places to get good seafood.

thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Good seafood and not too expensive...hmmmm. Glad you are from NY cause maybe your 'not too expensive' range is naturally a little elevated.

Here are two ideas: Hyannis-Baxter's Boat House on Pleasant Ave. If you approach from the parking lot enter on the right. Terrific seafood (mostly fried) especially scallops. You'll order and pick up but you'll have fun eatting on a floating dock and watching the harbor traffic. Open for lunch and dinner. Full bar.

Chatham. Fish Pier on Shore Rd. NO ambience whatsoever but you can get really fresh fish (sandwich) on a take out basis from the Fish Market there for lunch.

Have a yummy vacation!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,135 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Oh also there's Cooke's in Hyannis. No where near the water on Rt. 132 north of the Mall. It's what I'd call kitchen table atmosphere but it gets good reviews. We've eaten there twice over the years I think it could fit your needs.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

HI, JAEE

Baxter's would be a great choice in Hyannis. A bit further down the road (Rt. 38) in West Dennis is Kream 'n' Kone, almost a roadside stand kind of place, which has THE best onion rings and delish fried clams & oysters, but if it's scallops you're craving, Baxter's is better -- and is more of a true restaurant.

For Chatham, I suggest The Impudent Oyster -- for lunch: appreciably less pricey than at dinner & frankly, I like the lunch menu better; the lunch entrees are filling enough that a very light supper is all you'll need, or want, later.

I liked Clem & Ursie's in P-town, but I've not been there in a couple of years so am less confident about recommending it to you. How about typing 'Provincetown" and "seafood" into the Forum search box about your post to see what other TA's suggest?

Looks like you'll have FABULOUS weather -- here's hoping you see lots of whales :-)

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Thank you all!

I will def try 2-3 of those places and let you know :) I prefer grilled/baked fish to fried so lets see what I find.

How about a good lobster place?

Its my first trip to the Cape and whale watching..cant wait!

usa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Seems my husband always raves about the seafood at Squire's in Chatham after he tries somewhere else. We also like the atmosphere at Land Ho in Orleans. Just had a lobster dinner there for 21.99. not bad.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

sounds good! we plan to see the sunset in Orleans so we can grab a lobster dinner at Land Ho.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

love2c's reco for the Chatham Squire is a good one! It's a fun, pub-like place with fine clam chowder and I especially like their cioppino. Here's the web site so you can take a look at the menus & prices:

http://www.chathamsquire.com

The Impudent Oyster doesn't have a web site for your preview. But it posts its menus outside and it's very close to the Squire, so it's easy to see which one appeals to you the most -- and which one will have less of a wait :-)

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

Try Braxs Landing located outside of Chatham. My wife had great steamers there, no sand and delicious. I had there haddock sandwich and great. Lunch prices are the best, food is great and the view is great.

9. Re: Not-so-expensive places to eat in Chatham and Hyannis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 13:21