We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Inn Recommendations

Which Lenox hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new england
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Inn Recommendations

Hello. My husband and I are going to an event at Tanglewood and are looking for hotel recommendations. We're considering staying at Cranwell or the Red Lion Inn. Can anyone tell me if the rooms are nice. Are they updated and elegant or dated? We're also interested in upscale B&B recommendations in Lenox. Thank you in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

Although it's been a good many years since I last stayed there, I'm sure the Birchwood Inn is still lovely.

http://www.birchwood-inn.com/

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

The Red Lion is lovely & well-appointed. Cranwell is upscale & very posh.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

The lodging pages have hundreds of reviews. With no disrespect meant to my fellow regulars, we are no more discerning than those folks and you will get a much more rounded point of view than my one bad or good night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
503 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

Weightleigh Hotel is perhaps the most luxurious (and expensive) hotel in the Berkshires. It is right next to Tanglewood.

For something more typical of a high end B&B, I was recently in Lenox and visited with some friends who were staying at the Garden Gables Inn. They highly recommended it.

The Red Lion Inn has some luxurious rooms and some that are more modest- nice but lacking an en-suite bath.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

The Candlelight Inn is very nice in Lenox; the Apple Tree Inn is also good - it's right across the street from Tanglewood

jhgrady

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Inn Recommendations

I have stayed at the Red Lion many times. It is old and quaint. The amenities are not state-of-the-art, but to me and most of the people who stay there that is part of the charm. It is Old New England.

Reply to: Hotel or Inn Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted