We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

Could anyone recommend a good spot for breakfast near Rt.495 (Rt.9 or Rt.20)?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

Wish I had seen this a few months ago, but if your in the area again I would check out:

Jake's Coffee Shop

30 Main St

Marlborough

They have the best breakfast in town by far!!

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

Thanks for the tip! No doubt I will be in that area again soon and I prefer the little "hole in the wall" places to the chain restaurants. Let me know if you have any favorite dishes at Jakes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

I am always a fan of their omelets but everything is good!! Steak tips and eggs, Jake's Benedict w/ the homemade hash, etc. I tend to go for the egg dishes but you can't go wrong with anything.

Decent prices too! Even for lunch, very resonable and good food...but the breakfast is the best!

It is a small place, only about 15 tables and some counter seats. So if there about 10am on a weekend expect a little wait. Goes fast though and worth it. They close around 2, I think, so if your there early or later there is usually no problem.

FYI - they are closed Monday's too

A couple other places in the area:

Stephen Anthony's on Rt 20, Marlborough/Sudbury line. A little more $ but good, great homemade maple sausage and interesting specials

Sunnyside Cafe- (Rt 20, near Firefly's BBQ) Gone a little downhill past couple of years but still pretty good. Weekend specials, huge menu, and large portions. Not a big fan of the homefries but the rest is pretty good.

All these are good if you need a place I recommend Jake's first!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
114 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

I have never been to Jakes...heard ONLY good things, but it's awful small, I am always concerned about trying to get my family of 3 a spot in there.

We tend to head to Sergio's for breakfast...mmmm... love it there!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

I wouldn't worry about getting 3 people in there too much. There are not a lot of "bigger" tables (about 8) but it goes pretty quick if there is a line. If you can avoid around 10am that is probably the best. Go earlier or later and shouldn't be a problem

Haven't been to Sergio's in years. I will have to give it a go again sometime.

6. Re: Breakfast buffet/restaurant close to Rte.495

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Marlborough