We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on Monomoscoy Island

Which Mashpee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, RI
6 posts
Save Topic
Staying on Monomoscoy Island

Staying on Monomoscoy from July 9-16th. Ages ranging from 1yrs to 60yrs. Anything we shouldn't miss? Are their beaches close by? Restaurants worth visiting? Any suggestions or comments are appreaciated.

4 replies to this topic
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on Monomoscoy Island

where is that ..do you have a link? I live part of the year on the Cape now and have been here since the 80's..I should Google it..

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on Monomoscoy Island

best I can figure out it really is not an island and is part of Mashpee. So as far as things to do, it would not be any different that other advise for the cape.

Since you are on the Upper Cape, Falmouth, Woods Hole and a trip over to MV would be easy. Poppenesset for dinner or just ice cream. Beaches are close but owners can point out the "best" from their home.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying on Monomoscoy Island

Monomoscoy is close to where my sister and her family live. As Neslaw points out, it's really not an Island, but a Peninsula, that eventually makes it's way out into Waquoit Bay.

Raw Bar in Popponessett is just a few miles away. Head here for their famous, HUGE, lobster rolls. There's also some good eating to be had right in the Mashpee Commons area. Cooke's is usually a pretty good bet for fried seafood in a very casual setting. Siena and Bleu for more upscale dining. Cupcake Charlie's is worth a visit.

The best, well known beach that is close to Monomoscoy is South Cape Beach. This is really a nice beach. It's about a 15 minute drive since you'll need to come back off of Monomoscoy, and work your way over and then back down to reach South Cape Beach. But, then again, you'll need to come back off the peninsula to go anywhere. Anyways, do visit this beach if you want a really nice beach setting.

If you have access to any canoes or kayaks, then a trip into the nearby, easily accessible ponds is a good way to spend a few, adventurous hours.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 15:41
Lincoln, RI
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying on Monomoscoy Island

Thank you for the info. Is there anything around for children? We have twin 7 yr old boys. Are there go karts or mini golf in the area? Any good breakfast places nearby? We also have a boat, so would we be able to take the boat from Monomoscoy to South Cape Beach, would they have docks nearby?

Thank you in advance

Reply to: Staying on Monomoscoy Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted