We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Rental

Which Mashpee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation Rental

1st time visitor to Cape Cod. I found a cute beach rental in New Seabury in the town of Mashpee. What is this town like? I will be traveling with my husband and 2 teenages. A friend advise me to stay in Chatham.

Need some input. Thanks.

1 reply
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Rental

Whether you stay in Mashpee or Chatham as long as you have a car you can go anywhere you want on the Cape in about an hour at most. If you want mainly a beach vacation you are surrounded with beaches of all kinds. The most spectacular are the beaches of the National Seashore which run from Eastham up to Provincetown. You can also include Nauset Beach which belongs to the town of Orleans.

Nantucket Sound, which would include the beaches closest to Mashpee are calmer and warmer but possibly more crowded. On the Bay side there are miles of beaches from end to end of the Cape virtually.

Our preference is for the Lower/Outer Cape, from Orleans to Provincetown. But I would include Chatham, Harwich Port and Brewster too.

It's a personal choice.

Reply to: Vacation Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted