We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for dinner

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for dinner

Too hot to cook. Need someplace quick and light not dressy at all within walking distance of the tannery. Or should we just get take-out? But from where?

Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks
Waterfront Park
Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Plum Island
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Beaches
6 replies to this topic
Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

Thomas..I was out so didn't see this..where did you wind up..? I guess you could have gone to the Grog...it's pretty quick and not dressy...

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

We ended up sitting at the bar at Oregano. Good food, bad service, but entertaining (waitstaff arguing with the bartender). Left a 30% tip.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

Okay..I've been by there but not tried it...pizza place..right..? Oh boy...staff "disputes" are always entertaining...but if I were the waitstaff I probably would not be arguing with the bartender..! Did you leave the 30 % based on the entertainment..?

4. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2011, 16:43

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

We've been to Oregano a few times - unfortunately because it is a "pizza place" families like to bring their small children there - it's not that I don't like small children, but it really isn't that kind of restaurant. Anyway, the owners are lebanese (I remember reading) and I was struck this time by how much more Lebanese influence there is on the menu. We had a couscous salad that was really good (it is called the "oregano salad") and a Ricotta Napoletana pizza with ricotta and prosciutto that was really good. I tend to be a big tipper especially since my son worked as a waiter...

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need suggestions for dinner

Wow...that actually sounds pretty good...I like couscous and it's not something you see served in a lot of restaurants. I understand about the tipping thing..I was a waitress for years so I am a great tipper as well. I may have to put Oregano's on my to do list the next time I am in Newburyport..which I am sure will be at least once during Yankee Homecoming...

Reply to: Need suggestions for dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newburyport