We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay near plum island./newburyport on motorcycle...

Which Newburyport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay near plum island./newburyport on motorcycle...

hi, we're looking for a quiet place to stay for one night at the beginning of our motorcycle trip to nova scotia and for another at the end of the trip. we'll be taking the CAT ferry out of Portland and are looking for a quiet place with a good safe parking lot for the bike. We're open to any nice place in that general area! thanks for any suggestions.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay near plum island./newburyport on motorcycle...

I'm not sure what type of place you are looking for, but Ipswich has a couple places that range from the Whittier Motel, located at the intersection of Rtes 133 and 1A, just south of the center of town (these Rtes have a second intersection at the north end of town as well) to the Inn at Castle Hill. There are also a couple B&Bs located in the very center of town...

The Whittier Motel is very basic, but clean, and has a small dining room which serves a very good breakfast (and a small bar if you want a nightcap).

The Inn at Castle Hill is quite a bit more upscale... they host a lot of weddings, etc.

The B&Bs in town are within walking distance of sveral excellent restaurants and pubs. I can't remember the names, but you can find them easily by using Google... "Town of Ipswich" and following the links for lodging.

Ipswich is 2 towns south of Newburyport... I regret to say that I'm not personally familiar with lodging in that town. I suggest you Google Newburyport or Salisbury, MA... or even Portsmouth, NH, which is a very nice place to stop over in, and isn't far from Newburyport.

New England
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay near plum island./newburyport on motorcycle...

In downtown Newburyport, the Compass Rose is highly recommended.

http://www.compassrosenewburyport.com/

Also, a great place on Plum Island that just opened is called Blue.

http://www.blueinn.com/

Newburyport is such a great place to visit, you might not make it up to Nova Scotia! Very safe, great food, great bars.

Get answers to your questions about Newburyport