We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inlcusive Meeru

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
All inlcusive Meeru

I am thinking of booking the AI option at the Meeru Resort and Spa. Can you give me an idea of the prices of meals in the a-la-carte restaurants? I am presuming it is the AI buffet restaurants that are restricted depending on the location of your room?

Is it far to walk from the north to the south of the island?

Never been to the Maldives and I have no concept of the distances, on an island like this. Are there cycles to hire for getting around?

Any advice welcome

Lorraine

Mentioned in this post
Lorraine
Lorraine
Grand Est, France
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

its not that big but bigger than the average resort island. Size is relative.. ahem.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

not been but maybe 15 mins maybe less top to bottom

London
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

Forgot the rice at Asian Wok, but you should be able to get the menu from the resort?

Buffet restaurant is assigned in accordance with your room location. To live on the north side OWVs you do not need to walk that long for meals, there is a restaurant just next to the water villas. We wanted to watch sun rise hence requested the Eastern OWVs which was a longer walk to the assigned restaurant.

To walk from the Eastern over water villa to the restaurant, which is near the arrival jetty will take possibly longer than 10 minutes. ( our JWV was almost at the end of the water villa pontoon so it felt longer than it was.)

You can always ask for a buggy at the bar near the eastern water villas. I would say for Maldives resorts, it's an above average distance to walk from the very end of the eastern JWVs to the restaurant.

The JWV on the north and the east cost the same and two buffet restaurants offer identical food.

To walk from the north to the south can be a task but is still under okish distance. We took a buggy from the Eastern JWV to the over water spa which was just off the Northern JWV, which actually felt quite a trip.

Can't remember if they offered any bike and it has been a few trips ever since so best to pm someone returned recently or just email the resort

It's my first resort and definatly one of those provides the best service. ( even better than some others we went later on and did not have time to leave a review.)

Edited: 01 August 2013, 12:27
Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

...the price.... I meant,,, at Asian Wok...

And I meant the JWVs, wherever I mentioned WVs... Sorry...

Edited: 01 August 2013, 12:29
London
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

Paul, you have longer legs than mine hence your 15 minutes' walk will be at least 20 for me... LoL

6. Re: All inlcusive Meeru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Meerufenfushi