We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic getaway in Truro August

Long Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
romantic getaway in Truro August

I've read all your posts, and unfortunately the 3 top rated motels, SandBars, Top Mast and Crow's Nest are booked for end of August. I'm now left with the rest, i.e. East Harbour, SeaGull, Horizons, Outer Reach et al. THey all sound o.k. but want to make the best choice. I would love a cottage but I believe they only rent by the week; we need a 4 night stay.

Requirements are: beachfront w/bay view, fridge, coffee, microwave would be nice, full bath and not too noisy.

Any suggestions would be welcome. This is our first time, so I would like it to be special. Thanks

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic getaway in Truro August

Not in Truro, but you might like Ocean Edge Resort on Cape Cod Bay. Travelzoo.com has a special listed for Ocean Edge. Rooms through mid-September were offered for a fraction of their usual cost. I think you have to book by August 11th. I'll look for the link and post back. I'm sure you'll get other suggestions from others here too.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic getaway in Truro August

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g185492-i369-k2996…

There's the link for August through Sept. stays at Ocean Edge. Worth a look!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic getaway in Truro August

I've stayed at Top Mast and Crows Nest (before renovations) and I liked them both but would never call them "quiet". Lots of kids around. Some kids go backt to school in August but in Mass most schools still return in Sept (although not always after Labor Day) the end of August is still family vacation time.

That said ... people were recently raving about the SeaGull in a post here. Outer Reach has great views but are high in the dunes, not "on" the beach. I had freinds stay there in May and they liked it.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic getaway in Truro August

In the National Seashore, but not in Truro, we stay in the Nantucket cottage at the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast. It has ocean views (Atlantic Ocean/nauset Marsh/Coast Guard Beach), but it is not ocean front because the National Park prohibits commercial development on the eastern side from Eastham to Provincetown. Otherwise, it has everything you want, water view, fridge, coffee, microwave, full bath and very quiet. Plus you get a full breakfast, daily housekeeping, no tax or tip and they do shorter stays at the end of August if they have availability. Rated #1 on TA and recently chosen as CApe Cod Life's Editor's Choice for the outer Cape.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g41555-d2674…

5. Re: romantic getaway in Truro August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about North Truro