We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

Long Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

Just wondering if travelers have stayed at any of these Truro motels for a comparison. I stayed at Horizon's last August and it was great. It had the view, private deck and outdoor pool I understand that Top Mast does not have an outdoor pool anymore. If anyone has any comparisons, I'd welcome your thoughts. Going back to the Cape in August. The Crow's Nest's hard wood floors look great, and the description said jacuzzi?

Thanks,

Dixie

Providence, Rhode...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

I have stayed at the Crow’s Nest several times over the years and although they do not have a pool the amenities will satisfy even the most discriminating traveler starting with full kitchens (not kitchenettes) and yes every room has a Jacuzzi brand tub. Their rooms are brand new (last few years) and have everything you could imagine in them from toasters to blenders to stemware! They even have washer/dryers, now that is a real luxury! We travel the world and the housekeeping is 2^nd to none as well as the entire staff, the manager even made dinner reservations for us! Air-conditioning in the summer, gas fireplace in the spring and fall and even when they are full it is very private as they limit occupancy by room type and don’t pack people in. I can’t say enough about this property; we have even been given a free upgrade. They really know how to take care of their guests. We have sent several friends their and they also have raved about it. Sorry can’t help with the others properties mentioned, as we have not stayed at them. Hope this helps.

Long Island
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

Thanks for you reply. It sounds wonderful!

Dixie

gardiner, ny
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

We've stayed at the Top Mast several times, I can say that the health spa at Top Mast makes up for the lack of a jacuzzi tub in each room. Their spa has a large jacuzzi, a heated pool, plenty of indoor and outside seating, a beautiful trex deck, a sauna and a steam room, private showers, bathrooms, kiddie pool, free large towels AND snacks, cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages. If you stay at another resort, you can buy a day pass for around $15 - $20. Kids are allowed and no one seems to care if they are dominating the jacuzzi (at least when we were there).

Their rooms are all beachfront, except a couple across the street.

The bathrooms are small with only a shower and there is no a/c.

Semi-private decks overlook the bay, P'town and beautiful sunsets.

We have stayed during the months of June, August & September and I must say that the beaches are quieter and cleaner in June (colder water, too), and in August at peak season, be prepared for some loud neighbors.

The rooms have a cross wind from opening the windows, but every car, loud person or door closing can keep you awake. On the plus side, P'town is "hopping" during the peak season.

The owners are great and very attentive, the rooms are very clean. There is one ice machine, an on-site restaurant open for breakfast and for a Fish Fry on Fridays. There is seating at the busstop for the shuttle, which is located near their office. Lots of families go there, during peak season.

Hope that helps you a little!

4. Re: Top Mast vs Crow's Nest vs Sandbars vs. Horizons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 07:28
Get answers to your questions about North Truro