We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Northampton...
5 posts
Save Topic
VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Hi all,

I've just finished putting together a website for people looking to plan a trip to Northampton. The website ( http://visitnoho.com) has all sorts of videos about Northampton so travelers can see what there is to see and do, where to shop and where to eat when visiting Northampton.

The website acts as an online companion to the Northampton Visitor Channel that plays in the Northampton hotels.

Take a look and please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Dave

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

I think I would slice my wrists if I had a slow connection and every %$#@ page loads with a launched video. Let the user start the video.

And why no links for some of the attractions? (They did not pay for a listing?)

(Is that what you wanted? A site critique?)

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

The auto-launch videos don't bother me personally. I'm very glad to see some decent promotion of this area as I think it could attract far more tourists than it does.

Northampton...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Thanks for your feedback.

I have gone ahead and removed the autoplay feature on the videos. I think your point about slow connections is a good one.

As far as the attractions links are concerned, I am still populating the site with links and information. If there is a particular attraction that you feel should be listed, please let me know and I'll do my best to add it in a timely manner.

Thanks again and please let me know if you think of anything else.

Dave

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Are you sure you turned off the autoplay feature? They automatically started playing for me. I agree that it would be much better to let the user start the videos if they so choose. This way they can read what's been written without a video playing to distract them.

You have the General Info, Dining, Shopping, and Area Attractions, but how about a "Where to Stay"?

Northampton...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Sometimes it takes a little while for the update to go live. The videos should no longer autoplay.

I will be adding a where to stay section in the near future. Thanks for the tips!

Dave

Northampton...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

The Hotel Section of visitnoho.com is now live. Please check it out and let me know your thoughts!

Northampton...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

Hey all, I'm looking for some feedback on the dining section of visitnoho.com.

http://visitnoho.com/Dining

I recently split up the restaurants by category and I was hoping for some feedback. The site is supposed to help people plan their visit to Northampton and restaurants are one of the main attractions, so I want it to be complete and easy to use.

Please let me know if there is a way to improve it, or if there are any glaring omissions on the list.

Thanks so much for your help!

8. Re: VisitNoho.com: Plan your trip to Northampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2016, 17:17