We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oak bluffs campground i August

Which Oak Bluffs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
oak bluffs campground i August

Whats the opinion of staying in a house in OB with kids ages 20. 15, and 10? close enough to the beach? stuff for them to do? would be intown offer them some freedom?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

Yes, yes, and yes! Go for it. Not sure what their interests are but OB has plenty of things to do and I think it would appeal to all three ages.

new jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

Iforgot to mention we were thinking of the campground, I think its called, gingerbread houses........

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

I knew what you meant & they are in a perfect location, you can access everything in OB center from there

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

Just a note -- a lot of the houses there tend to be very, very tiny. I still think it is a great town for kids that age. Tons to do, close to the Oak Bluffs beach (and there are great bike paths all over the island), and the campground area is really different, cheerful, cozy! Some of the houses are bigger, and of course I don't know if you have a big thing about privacy, but the 15 and 20 year old might.

new jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

thanks for reassurance sounds fun!

MV2
NJ
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

I agree with the previous replies...go for Oak Bluffs, you won't be sorry.

If you're going to be staying in the Campground around August 18th you're in for a very special treat.... Illumination Night... click the link below to see what it's all about. Personally it's my favorite event of the summer...

http://www.mvcma.org/grand.htm

virginia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

the campground has a website - mvcma.org that shows houses for rent this summer. They have nice descriptions, and indicate number of bedrooms and baths - there are a few 4 bedroom cottages - quite spacious - I have been in several of them. A great place for a family on Martha's Vineyard. Little car traffic - walking to town and beaches.

8. Re: oak bluffs campground i August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs
Recent Conversations