We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in Martha's Vineyard!!!

New York City
1 post
Save Topic
first time in Martha's Vineyard!!!

I am a New Yorker and want to take my grandchildren and 2 dogs to Martha's Vineyard for a week or 4 or 5 days. Don't know where to stay with children and 2 dogs!! Help. Eileen

Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in Martha's Vineyard!!!

Eileen - the best place is the Island Inn in Oak Bluffs. Actually it's the only place I know of that takes dogs. As far as I recall they stop taking dogs the end of May and don't start taking them again until Sep though. This place is fantastic for kids & dogs... I've stayed there with both and keep going back every year.

Check out their website. www.islandinn.com it will give you all the information you need plus pictures of the grounds and accommodations. It's not the most up to date place, it's basically motel type rooms but they do have efficiencies. EVERY room no matter waht size has a small kitchen though so that's a plus.

I highly recommend the Island Inn... the people who work there are friendly and it's clean, the grounds are well kept and there's a pool, slides and swings too.

Good luck.

Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now