We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

martha's vineyard

NY
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
martha's vineyard

Hi i am looking to rent a house in the vineyard (oaks bluff) just for the july 4th weekend.. does anyone know of any not to exspensive places that allow a friday thru tuesday stay?? most want a full week..

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: martha's vineyard

Most places will want a full week in the summer, mainly because they can and will get it. Google Matha's Vineyard rentals and see what comes up, but you are likely out of luck when it comes to house rentals for just the weekend.

Also, what is your definition of "not too expensive?" Varies by each person.

Boston
Level Contributor
21 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: martha's vineyard

best way is to contact the local realtors. Normally they are several thousand dollars or a couple of thousand for one bedroom cottages.

OB is known to be a shabbier place for residents and I wonder why anybody wants to stay there when they can spend less in other towns on and off island. There are ferry services every hour. from Woods Hole every hour.

I find that the local broker has the best deals unless you know the locals yourself. Also, try MVOL.com for local info including the lodging list. People book their rental from Spring, so, book early next time.

3. Re: martha's vineyard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Oak Bluffs